Austin, Texas Gunsmithing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin, Texas Gunsmithing

Looking for a good gunsmith in Austin, Texas area to thread a barrel on a gun or two. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McBride’s has been servicing the needs of central Texas sportsmen since 1960.

Comment

^^^^

Comment

Tumbleweed Rifles in Cedar Park has done excellent work for me. Mark or Walker.

Comment

Blackjack Gunsmithing does custom jobs and all your maintenance needs. Also we have ammo and guns on consignment.

Comment

McBrides been there forever. Might not be the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Comment

Black Jack is the best in Austin I think. Other gunsmiths in town even take clients guns to them to thread.

Comment

Black jack is horrible. Threaded two barrels and both had baffle strikes. He said it wasnt his bad... Sent to Morgan and haven't looked back.

Morgan@class3machining.com

Best in the country. Had him do two ak's and a hand full of pcc and sbr's

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                  McBrides been there forever. Might not be the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Another endorsement for McBrides. Top quality

Comment

If it is something easy McBrides is good enough. They farm out most of the heavy lifting to Hank Fleming. I would go straight to him.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                      If it is something easy McBrides is good enough. They farm out most of the heavy lifting to Hank Fleming. I would go straight to him.
                      I have heard great things about him as well. Forgot about him earlier.

Comment

Is Hank still open?

Took my sons shotgun to him on a recommendation several years ago. He had it over a month. I called to check on it. He said he was too busy to look at it and it would be at least another month. Picked it up never went back.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                          Is Hank still open?

Took my sons shotgun to him on a recommendation several years ago. He had it over a month. I called to check on it. He said he was too busy to look at it and it would be at least another month. Picked it up never went back.

Actually, not sure. Haven’t used him in several years. He does/did a lot of work for APD and gets backed up. He’s probably close to 70 now so he may have closed up.

Comment

Originally posted by texasbbq View Post
                            Tumbleweed Rifles in Cedar Park has done excellent work for me. Mark or Walker.

Yep.
                            Tumbleweeds is top notch

Comment

Hank is around but good luck finding him in-between his fishing trips.

Comment

Working...
                              X