Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy stuff.

Comment

Yea...a little more to the story then they are telling more than likely.

Comment

Note to self no public duck hunting!

Comment

This whole thing about public hunting has gone to the dogs, everyone thinks they are entitled for a spot and its there private spot. Same thing on a lot of lease’s, some think they are entitled to show up late to there stand drive there Atv right through your area smoking and hacking on a cigarette.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
            This whole thing about public hunting has gone to the dogs, everyone thinks they are entitled for a spot and its there private spot. Same thing on a lot of lease’s, some think they are entitled to show up late to there stand drive there Atv right through your area smoking and hacking on a cigarette.

I used to hunt Star Lake back around 96 to 2004 and we hammered the ducks. They did it right with having a map and dots that were 200 yards so nobody was too close. Other than having someone a little too close it wasn’t that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
              At least on a lease there is a possibility of kicking that guy off

Sounds like you were on the same lease as we were back in the 80's

Had a guy that would ride through the big oat patch right at prime time, might have been scared of the dark

Would enjoy going on a duck hunt again but not interested in hunting public and not interested enough to pay for private

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                I used to hunt Star Lake back around 96 to 2004 and we hammered the ducks. They did it right with having a map and dots that were 200 yards so nobody was too close. Other than having someone a little too close it wasn’t that bad.

The dots didn’t come along until closer to 2004. I hated those dots. It was a potlicker’s dream. They’d sit around the check in station waiting to see what folks carries up, then follow them into the station to figure out where they were hunting. I can understand the logic behind them, but a lot of good hunting holes were lost because of it.

I sure didn’t enjoy those (dangerous) boat races out there when it was a free for all to the duck hole at 4am.

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
                  The found David Vowell - the alleged shooter at Reelfoot

https://wreg.com/news/tbi-david-vowe...reelfoot-lake/
                  Glad he has been found.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Hardcore quack addicts and bass jerkers are probably the worst “sportsmen” I’ve ever ran into.
                    100% true! Some bass fisherman can be very difficult. A lot are overcompensating

Comment

Odd story. If he shot 2 of my Buddies I would have shot him instead of throwing his gun in the water and running to the bank for help

Comment

Self control is in short supply nowadays...

Comment

I guess I didn't realize there was a survivor/eyewitness.

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post
                            Odd story. If he shot 2 of my Buddies I would have shot him instead of throwing his gun in the water and running to the bank for help
                            Yeah that's weird. I also read somewhere that the guide was also wounded .

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post

Yeah that’s fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                                The dots didn’t come along until closer to 2004. I hated those dots. It was a potlicker’s dream. They’d sit around the check in station waiting to see what folks carries up, then follow them into the station to figure out where they were hunting. I can understand the logic behind them, but a lot of good hunting holes were lost because of it.

I sure didn’t enjoy those (dangerous) boat races out there when it was a free for all to the duck hole at 4am.

They for sure made us get there earlier. Used to get there 2:00 or 3:00 in the am and be one of the first in line. Then we started getting there after work Friday so we could get first pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X