Newbie need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie need help!!

I am wanting to get into shooting traditional. But I have no idea where to start. I have already had a couple guys off the green screen reach out with information from another post. I’m looking at starting with a recurve. My draw length on a compound is 28 1/2. No idea what that equates to on a recurve, or what length arrows I will need? Totally totally new to all this. Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks guys

Start out reading the stickies on this page.
    CCR has a few trad bows in stock and there use to be a couple of guys there with little experience who could give you limited guidance.
    Gary
    Last edited by DRT; 07-22-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

DRT thanks for the input, I was about to post a very similar question.

Comment

Checkout eBay and buy some 500 Gold Tip Traditional Blems. They're cheap good arrows and will work with any bow under 50lbs for the most part.

Don't start out with a bow over 45lbs, you'll thank me later.

You Tube Jimmy Blackman and Moe Bow videos for proper form.

Get your form down before you worry about tuning.

If you an find a mentor in your area it will quicken up the learning process. There are coaches available that would be the best money you could spend. Rod Jenkins and Ricky Welch are two of the best "Trad" coaches that I know of, both have produced World Champions.

Good Luck,
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
          Checkout eBay and buy some 500 Gold Tip Traditional Blems. They're cheap good arrows and will work with any bow under 50lbs for the most part.

Don't start out with a bow over 45lbs, you'll thank me later.

You Tube Jimmy Blackman and Moe Bow videos for proper form.

Get your form down before you worry about tuning.

If you an find a mentor in your area it will quicken up the learning process. There are coaches available that would be the best money you could spend. Rod Jenkins and Ricky Welch are two of the best "Trad" coaches that I know of, both have produced World Champions.

Good Luck,
          Ben
          THIS! ^^^ Will get you started in the right direction.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up guys!!!

Comment

Working...
            X