No announcement yet.

Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t think of being on the receiving end of that situation yet. I try to buy the food most the time if I’m heading the trip.

This weekend we went fishing and my uncle drove and we used his boat. We did the food and gas. Hamburgers the first night and ribeyes the second night. Seems pretty standard for Friday and Saturday meals so I won’t be skimming by since I know what’s the norm

Comment

And for the record, I would not turn down a good bologna sandwich, grilled hotdog or precooked rotisserie chicken either. I am an equal opportunity eater..

I do draw the line at potted meat, sardines and tripas.. You are gonna have to find another place to be a guest if you show up with that as my dinner..

Comment

Lifes way too short to skimp on good food, good times, and good company. We eat great at home and just as good at the ranch. We have done everything from deer chili, bluefin tuna, fried shrimp, oysters, fish, raw oysters, boudan stuffed quail birds from the days harvest all kinds of good stuff. Gives something to do in camp after the hunt. It's not hard to split it up between folks sharing nights and eat like kings...

Comment

I like a good meal with friends at the lease or ranch and try to bring something good if I go as a guest somewhere. However if I'm alone it's as simple as a chicken pot pie in the oven or frozen lasagna in the oven. I might get fancy and make some chili or tortilla soup in the crock pot and have some crackers but I am not doing anything that requires too many dishes.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            And for the record, I would not turn down a good bologna sandwich, grilled hotdog or precooked rotisserie chicken either. I am an equal opportunity eater..

I do draw the line at potted meat, sardines and tripas.. You are gonna have to find another place to be a guest if you show up with that as my dinner..
            My buddy in college used to get himself a pack of white bread and a couple cans of dintymore potted meat and eat on that for the week. Stuff smelled worse than the dog food factory in Nac

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              He didn't bring mayonnaise. All is good
              WTH is wrong with mayo. Needed for sammiches

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                We eat like kings as a group on Sat night.. Brisket , pulled pork ribs etc ....all stuff presmoked, packaged correctly, frozen and preheated.. and we mesquite grill a lot of ribeyes, tablitas, fajitas, chicken wings, burgers, jap poppers, etc, etc ....and guess what! We still hunt too!?!....I know unbelievable..

Thursdays and Fridays are good grills as well but not near as involved. We have a gas grill on premises if we are just doing sausage or some quick cheap pork chops on the non Sat nights. Always a big breakfast on Saturdays as well as a group. And we hunted again before it.!! We rarely eat a lunch because the breakfast is big and later. When there is low attendance I will eat sandwiches in place of a late breakfast and grill sausage, boudain and burgers too just for myself.. but camp life is a big part of our hunting lease and if there is a good group of folks in camp, I like to do it up right and usually do most of that cooking.. We eat, we drink, we converse, we laugh and we kill ****!!....
                And you drink like Nancys when Clay dub shows up

Comment

I bring quick meals to eat at the lease. If I want a good cooked meal I’ll eat in town.

Comment

Oh hell naw. I eat extremely well at home and extremely well on our place. Not skimping on food when i dont skimp on arrows, bows, feeding year round,electricity, and all the other extras!! Just dont make any sense not to eat well. Just sounds lazy not too after spending all that time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      My buddy in college used to get himself a pack of white bread and a couple cans of dintymore potted meat and eat on that for the week. Stuff smelled worse than the dog food factory in Nac

[emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961]...hard pass!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        mustard

Comment

Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

Mayo fan on my sammich here as well.

And you drink like Nancys when Clay dub shows up

Do what? We start with the keystone toast tradition but I end with whiskey or vodka. [emoji41]. Clay breaks out his Zima[emoji23]

Last edited by Smart; 07-07-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I have been in the opposite boat. A buddy asked me a few years ago if I wanted to go with him to his lease for doe patrol. I brought a fresh bag of crappie filets to which he insisted on cooking. Was awful! Didn't think u could f-up a crappie but this man found a way. Guessing he fried them using the ole low and slow technique.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              I would just as soon turn down a hunt as a guest to a nice place to kill a free animal or not offer to pay of gas and ice on someone else boat , then show up with out some thing decent to eat and a bottle or two of my host favorite brand of whiskey as a token of appreciation
                              I get a laugh each time I see or hear this line. In the mid '90's, a buddies grandparents/parents owned a major industrial contractor, mostly heat exchangers and kept a big boat at the Galveston Yacht Club. We were invited many times to go fish and I made a few trips while in college. Once there was a mover and shaker in Beaumont that was invited and he wanted to pay his part and was adamant about that, which was admirable. The owner kept telling him forget about it, to just load up and let's go and he is walking the dock looking for someone to pay for the ice. He finally gets to the dock master's office and wants to pay for the ice on that boat over there. They tell him it's been handled and put on their tab and he is adamant he wants to pay. Well sir, that will be $700, no, I just want to pay for the ice that's all, yes sir, that will be $700 for just the ice. He was a bit embarrassed to say the least. The guy got seasick and never left the inside cabin.

Comment

Do what? We start with the keystone toast tradition but I end with whiskey or vodka. [emoji41]. Clay breaks out his Zima[emoji23]

[/QUOTE]

Oh. I thought he had yall corrupted and by the end of the trip everyone was drinkin Zima that he brought

Comment

Working...
                                X