2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Crappie thread!!

The old one got too long to load in Tapacrap so might as well start another one! First trip of 2019 was to Pines and it was brutal! Had a couple good ones though. No way I would drive past Fork or Sandlin right now to go to Pines if it wasn't for a tourney next weekend but that's how it goes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be following along again this year. We bought a lot on a private lake near Athens that apparently is loaded with crappie. Been looking for a jon boat to try to get on them with, any suggestions or links on where to start on catching them in shallow lakes Slew?

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
      I will be following along again this year. We bought a lot on a private lake near Athens that apparently is loaded with crappie. Been looking for a jon boat to try to get on them with, any suggestions or links on where to start on catching them in shallow lakes Slew?

If the lake is shallow and has crappie they're used to living shallow! I would find bait and spider rig this time of year. Find bait and crappie usually aren't far behind! Usually!![emoji2]

Comment

I'm glad that ones over! Caught 2 good crappie on the main lake and went and hid from the wind and put some black crappie in the boat and did better than we expected! Pines would have given up 15/16 pound stringers if the wind would have cooperated but that's why you gotta have back up plans! On to Palestine next month!! I think there's whitecaps in my toilet bowl today.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

BF and 1st place is a good day! Congrats brother.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Thanks. We had our usual celebration or cry about it beer when we got the boat backed in the shop and Clay said man I enjoyed it!! I said I hated it but sure enjoyed the way it ended! Palestine next month. Haven't been there since June and its 20 miles away!!

Comment

Bump for anybody else chasing em already! Now is the best time of year to catch monsters! This was a prefish fish from Pines. No way to fish there Sat though!

Comment

I never get to go fishing any more so I might as well follow your thread.

Comment

Anyone have any tips to catch them at cedar creek?

Comment

I pulled my climbing stands down this last weekend and will start up after the crappie Saturday.

Glad you found fish under the bridge. I caught them there last year until March after every cold front. I can't imagine how rough the main lake had to be. I am surprised no one sunk a boat.

Comment

Congrats. I need it to warm up just a little before I go!

Comment

If Im gonna have to wear a knit cap and gortex to catch a fish I better have mountains in my background. Not pine trees

Comment

This is crappie fishing Wyoming style, this time of the year anyway.
                              Spouse went out with friends and pulled up a mixed bag.
                              Hopefully a few walleye are caught on the next trip.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X