Nephew's first hunt is a success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nephew's first hunt is a success!

While I grew up hunting, I have a young nephew who has grown up in a great family, but they do not hunt. I've been buying him some camo for Christmas the last few years. Just a shirt or two that he could wear anytime, anywhere. It whetted his appetite to actually try a hunt. My plan was working! After a little practice behind the house, first with a .22, a .17, and then a .222 and AR 5.56. We started with a pig hunt with the AR back in July. It was a success for him on his first shot. Man, he was excited! He couldn't wait to come back and try for a deer this Thanksgiving. So we headed out with the .222, and once again, he was successful in taking his first deer with a well placed shot at 100 yards. The whole family then got excited about it and came to help with the skinning and processing. I was not expecting that, but I was really happy to see it. Hopefully, I have created a monster!
    Attached Files

Alright, my kind of thread.
    As a professional uncle I give credit where its due.
    Nice work both of you.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great job! Congratulations!!

Comment

And that's how you introduce new people to hunting! Congrats, you conniving fox! Congrats to your nephew on his new way of life and hopefully the rest of the family.

Comment

Congratulations to all!

Comment

Congrats y'all!

Comment

Working...
                  X