Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score?

So the biggest lease screw up thread had me thinking about this deer. It was 2014 or so and I was a guest at a deer lease in Sonora. I hunted an old crappy box blind that sat on the ground. Right next to an oilfield pad. No one hunted it no real shooting lanes and no feeder. I poured out some corn looking for a doe or hog. Then this deer came out. He was big but I absolutely knew i wouldn't even pick up the gun on the biggest low fence deer Id ever been 20 yards from. So I took pictures and by the next year there was a Castle of a blind a feeder and senderos cut 700 yards in every direction. No one ever seen or shot him. 5500 acres he may have just died of old age. What do you think it would have scored?.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

what a stud of an 8. That’s what dreams are made of right there. I’d say low to mid 140s

Comment

I agree with 140

Comment

Nice... 135-140ishh

Comment

Low 40's.. Great west Texas buck for sure...

Comment

Great buck
            I drew a hunt in San Angelo many years ago. Doe, spike hunt and i had the biggest buck i had ever seen walk out as well. This was before phones had good cameras and i did bring a camera with me but it seems like they know when they are safe

Comment

Mid to upper 30's. Dang good deer for sure.

Comment

Mid 140s 8. He's a dandy!

Comment

Comment

Not sure how folks got 140's. I hunt not far from Sonora so I am very familiar with deer in this area. It is definitely a great deer. He is 8 points and they just do not get many measurements when scoring. I got my butt chewed out a while back by a buddy that taught me a lot about aging and scoring deer. A friend sent some pics of a buck and wanted our opinion on score. I threw out a score and was quickly chastised for not breaking it down to show how I came up with the score. Since then I break down the score so here is what I came up with on this buck:

Tines- 45"
                    Mass- 24"
                    Beams- 40"
                    Spread- 17"
                    Total score- 126"

Comment

Upper to mid 130s.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shortybang View Post
                          Not sure how folks got 140's. I hunt not far from Sonora so I am very familiar with deer in this area. It is definitely a great deer. He is 8 points and they just do not get many measurements when scoring. I got my butt chewed out a while back by a buddy that taught me a lot about aging and scoring deer. A friend sent some pics of a buck and wanted our opinion on score. I threw out a score and was quickly chastised for not breaking it down to show how I came up with the score. Since then I break down the score so here is what I came up with on this buck:

Tines- 45"
                          Mass- 24"
                          Beams- 40"
                          Spread- 17"
                          Total score- 126"
                          Short on mass and beams

Comment

Originally posted by Shortybang View Post

Tines- 45"
                            Mass- 24"
                            Beams- 40"
                            Spread- 17"
                            Total score- 126"
                            MB 20-21
                            Spread 18
                            Mass 32
                            G1 4.5-4.5
                            G2 12-12
                            G3 8-9

Comment