? On Winchester model 70 production date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? On Winchester model 70 production date

I’ve got a Winchester model 70 in 270wsm (believe it’s a Shadow). I’m looking at trigger springs but not sure when the gun was made. SN is G25287xx. Any green screen knowledge on these. I tried google but couldn’t find anything on model 70 SN’s after 1992

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they were build after 2000. I purchased mine around 2004 and remember that they were introduced around 2 years prior.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
      I think they were build after 2000. I purchased mine around 2004 and remember that they were introduced around 2 years prior.
      Yep .. trying to figure out if mine was built before 2006

Comment

From the Midwest Gun Works web sight:

Records for rifles produced after 1992 have not been released. However you can call Winchester Firearms directly to inquire about the date of production on your rifle. Winchester can be reached directly at 800-333-3288.

Date & Know your Winchester Model 70. This is �Must Have� info for ordering parts or stocks. Determine the bolt style, floor plate assembly type & action size needed for ordering. You can also determine your date of manufacture / production using our handy and easy to use serialization & Identification chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          From the Midwest Gun Works web sight:

Records for rifles produced after 1992 have not been released. However you can call Winchester Firearms directly to inquire about the date of production on your rifle. Winchester can be reached directly at 800-333-3288.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/winc...formation.html
          Thanks. I was dreading calling them and waiting on hold forever...
          To my surprise it only took 3 minutes and I actually spoke with an American. Turns out mine is a 2003

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X