No announcement yet.

Fuel Pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thought is the turbo, how does it sound. Check the connections to make sure there are no leaks. Usually when a turbo hoes bad or gets a leak it is a loud son of a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      Have you run injector cleaner in the last year or so?

I change my fuel filter every 15k...every other oil change at 7500 miles... I run AMS Oil.

Check your air filter box for a bird nest or some chit that might be choking air intake.

I think if it was intercooler or intercooler coupler youd get no pressure and power at all. I could be wrong. I had mine blow over the summer, running 85mph with 25-30 mph crosswind pulling a travel trailer while running fuel injector cleaner in 108 degree weather. That was a hot mess.

Safe travels Fargus.
      Nope, no injector cleaner. I've been through intercooler pipe issues and I am confident that that is not the issue.

Originally posted by mrc View Post
      One more thought is the turbo, how does it sound. Check the connections to make sure there are no leaks. Usually when a turbo hoes bad or gets a leak it is a loud son of a gun.
      Turbo seems to be functioning as it should. Normal boost levels per the gauge and no new noises.

This morning taking my son to school it only took about 2 miles for it to start acting up. After dropping him off, I pulled over to a safe spot and completely shut down the truck. The problem persisted after I restarted and got going again.

Comment

Thanks, Briar Friar. It appears that it was in fact the air filter. Popped the hood and noticed the air restriction gauge was almost all yellow. Reset it and opened the filter housing. The STP filter was a twisted mess. It didn't have many miles on it nor had I been out driving much on dirt roads.

Comment

Working...
        X