Calling in hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling in hogs?

Just picked up a foxpro to try some predator hunting and see there are some hog calls on there.

Anyone ever use any of them successfully?

I tried it with my Foxpro.

Saw a large group cross a lane about 100yds away in high gear.

Only call I have seen work (on video anyway) is that bullet shaped one. Member on here has some videos

If you have any luck post up a report.

Comment

I’ve used the Convergent Hunting Solutions app and have called in a couple. My dad and I were driving down a dirt to go check some cows and noticed a small group in a hayfield. I stopped the truck and played the call through the Bluetooth in the truck. There was a sow that came on a dead run from about 175yds all they way to within about 20yds of the truck. She stood about that distance grunting and pacing for about 3-4 minutes. My dad said if he wouldn’t have seen it he wouldn’t have believed it.

Comment

Some of the guys I used to predator hunt and do comps with have shifted to calling pigs the majority of the time.

They use the bigger foxpro but upload a variety of pig calls onto it.

They are very successful. I have never had success with it on my own when I try.

Comment

You should search for member Guess on here. He creates the calls and I always enjoy his videos.

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 01-24-2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Guess is one of the guys.
            His you tube channel is HogZombies.

He developed some sounds for the Conversant Bullet HP. Convergent released a new speaker let year. It's called the Sidewinder it mounts to the hand guard.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I have tried my fox pro a few times and had success. I blind called a boar in, and I had a boar I saw definitely come in closer after I played my call. I used sow/boar fight.

Comment

Skunked out 2 days straight

Comment

I've tried it with no success.

Comment

I called in a big boar with the Primos Hog Squealer once. He came in on full alert, got down wind and took off. Called in a fox with the same call also.

Comment

I have a fox pro, I've tried several times, still no luck.

Comment

Mr. Guess’s sounds work

Comment

As mentioned before check out Glenn Guess on youtube or Hog Zombies. He has several videos of calling them in. Hans ETX has videos of calling them in also. Both of them are using the convergent bullet. I have the bullet and have tried to call in hogs on my lease twice now but have been unsuccessful however something about those hog calls brings in the coyotes. I have killed two now on hog calls and Hans ETX says he has killed two or three dozen while hog calling.

Comment

I called one in the other night. I was using foxpro coon fight.

Comment

One time near Quanah. We saw the hogs while calling coyotes. Buddy shot the sow and I called the pigs into our laps with a Primos e-caller. I literally had one run across my feet. I think he had powder burns on him, as I had to look down the barrel of my 22-250, couldn’t see him in my scope. I’ve tried it other times with no success.

Comment

Working...
                              X