No announcement yet.

Any German shepherd or MAL breeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Von der Otto Shepherds if you have the coin.

Von der Otto German Shepherd Breeders and the difference we make with our customers and their families are why we stand apart from all other kennels. Our V/VA German imports are raised in our home making the ultimate family dog. We offer the highest quality German Show Lines in America. AKC Registered and Health Guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
      Agreed. Most people shouldn't have Mals..
      agreed, I'm on my fifth Mal. They are addicting...

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
        agreed, I'm on my fifth Mal. They are addicting...

If you can keep up with them, make them happy, and make them healthy. More power to you! Most people don’t have the time or the will to do it! Those things are pretty, smart, psychos lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the leads guys.

I definitely would be interested in a mal x GSD that my be the best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Chaney View Post
            Have you thought about a German Shepherd malinois cross? I have an almost 4 month old female and she’s an awesome dog so far, super smart! She is high energy but I live on 3 acres and have 2 other dogs so she keeps herself pretty entertained when I’m too busy to entertain her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Where did you find her at? I’m interested.

Comment

Those Mals are so athletic and so fast. Just a do all kind of dog.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                Just curious why you want a mix? Most of the working dog people seem to dislike the idea. People tried to make it the next big thing and it never seemed to gain any steam

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought her from a guy in spring tx, a friend of mine knows him. This was the first litter of pups from his dogs, idk if he’s planning on breeding them again or not, but I can find out for you if you’d like.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Just curious why you want a mix? Most of the working dog people seem to dislike the idea. People tried to make it the next big thing and it never seemed to gain any steam

I was actually looking for a GSD when I found mine. I just wanted a companion dog that would double as a gaurd dog at the house, and so far she fits the bill perfectly.. she goes everywhere besides work with me and is very well behaved for a 4 month old puppy, I have no need for a full blood working dog.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                      Agreed. Most people shouldn't have Mals..
                      /\/\/\/\/\/\

I have a retired LE Mal. I have a lake behind my house with a HUGE area I can take him to run. I do it three times a day, minimum! These dogs NEED exercise or they will develop bad habits. He's 9 and Still has that kind of energy.

Agree on working line GSD's. My new one has the same, or higher energy level!

Good luck finding a good one, just make sure you have the time and energy. Both of these breeds need mental stimulation in addition to physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Just keeping the option open.

I figured maybe the GSD would mellow out the Mal a bit.

Comment

Just keeping the option open.

I figured maybe the GSD would mellow out the Mal a bit.
                          Just get a good DDR or Czech GSD. I currently have a mix of those two. He was nuts up til about 3. Now at 6 he is pretty chill.

Comment

Hey guys, just resurrecting this thread- I am also looking for an affordable GSD (would really like a black one, maybe). Doesn't need to be a show dog, just safe for family and visitors- am happy to work hard to train the dog too.

Comment

Originally posted by McPatrickClan View Post
                              Hey guys, just resurrecting this thread- I am also looking for an affordable GSD (would really like a black one, maybe). Doesn't need to be a show dog, just safe for family and visitors- am happy to work hard to train the dog too.
                              Good GSDs are not show dogs. Black, dark black sable or bi color are generally from European working lines. American show line GSDs are crap. West German show lines actually still work and have to be titled in IPO to be shown.

Comment

We can set you up. I can’t post links on here but go to Facebook and type in Teufel Hunden German Shepherds.

Comment

Working...
                                X