No announcement yet.

Another tundra question ...bed length.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just asked this same question about a week ago. You can get the Ford and tundras with a double cab and an 8' bed. This is the route I will be going in the future. But you can't find them in stock anywhere. Have to be ordered but to me would be well worth it. Like you when I take trips I need the extra bed space

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Just asked this same question about a week ago. You can get the Ford and tundras with a double cab and an 8' bed. This is the route I will be going in the future. But you can't find them in stock anywhere. Have to be ordered but to me would be well worth it. Like you when I take trips I need the extra bed space

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
      I wanna say I saw some in stock at the cedar park or charles maund toyota in austin.

I think I will go function over inside comforts...as much as I want the rear sliding window. I will be looking at the double cab in 6.5' bed. Probably be the last truck I buy.

Comment

The double cab has a really good amount of room, I juts happen to think they are ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2017 crew max. I also do public hunting. I have plenty of room. You can always do things to make more storage. Cab space is the premium to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            The double cab has a really good amount of room, I juts happen to think they are ugly.
            I don't disagree with you on that...they are kinda funky looking.

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
            I have a 2017 crew max. I also do public hunting. I have plenty of room. You can always do things to make more storage. Cab space is the premium to me.
            I have an 8-9' tripod I take, along with game cart etc... have you put an 8' tripod in the back and made it work?

Comment

I think they look bad*** The longer bed balances the whole truck out.

Comment

Car seat fits with no problems and the extra length in the bed makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I think they look bad*** The longer bed balances the whole truck out.

The gay looking window on the back door is what I think is ugly.

The back window doesn’t roll down like the crew max does.

Comment

Double cab or crew max get whichever makes you happy, just make sure you buy one with the big fuel tank.

Comment

Double cab or crew max get whichever makes you happy, just make sure you buy one with the big fuel tank.

Whats the deal with the fuel tank? I was reading that people don't really get 38 gallons in the 38 and the fuel light comes on with 20gallons left. This may have been an older issue though.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        Whats the deal with the fuel tank? I was reading that people don't really get 38 gallons in the 38 and the fuel light comes on with 20gallons left. This may have been an older issue though.

I have a 2013 and it has a 24 gallon tank, which sucks.

They changed to the 36-38 gallon tank in 2014 or 2015 I think.

Comment

The gay looking window on the back door is what I think is ugly.

The back window doesn’t roll down like the crew max does.

Gay window, gay short bed. Give and/or take.

Hell I’ve never opened the back window of my truck in 19 years[emoji23] I’d prob not want that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Gay window, gay short bed. Give or take.

Hell I’ve never opened the back window of my truck in 19 years[emoji23] I’d prob not want that anyway.

It’s actually a pretty cool feature.

Comment

I have a 2017 double cab. We can pack plenty in the bed and have 2 booster seats and a toddler car seat and it is plenty of room.

Comment

Also, I have a crew max, I’ve gotten to where I haul a 10’ trailer with me about everywhere I go. To hell with climbing in the bed to load/unload.

Comment

Working...
                                X