Best Green Light to Buy for Pig Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just moved to my new property and have a feeder just below My house, what do y’all think is the best green light to buy to mount on the feeder or near it?

Solar powered led house spot lights, mine switch to many different colors ( i only care about the red and green ) but work great as feeder lights like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075FWMFK9..._tQKEFbFJCDX2N
    I mount them high pointing down NOT facing where I would be hunting from
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 10-04-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

We’ve been buying every one we can find from Lyssey and Eckel but they seem to be running out.

I think it’s called the Eliminator - it has red and green led lights and works great.

I glue two magnets on the solar panels with Gorilla glue and mount the panel on top of the feeder. The light has magnets already on it.

Courtney will remember the name better than me.

Last edited by Atfulldraw; 10-04-2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Exterminator 2 from Sniper Hawg Lights (IN RED)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Winner winner chicken dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Yep x1000. I’ve tried a few different ones and the Exterminator by Sniper is hands down the winner. Most feeder lights illuminate a fairly small circle from a single light. The Exterminator let’s you point 3 different light heads and adjust each one from spot to flood. It’s the only one I’ve had that I can illuminate my entire feed circle with. I’d personally get red over green but that’s a different topic. I put one up in July and have been having a blast ever since.

Comment

I have three feeders set up with these. Need between three and six depending on how far away you are and how big of an area. I drive a couple pieces of rebar in about five yards before your feeder. Mount the lights on a stick of conduit and slide over the rebar. Offset to the right and left so they're out of the way for shooting but faced away from the shooter. I like having light coming from multiple angles so you avoid the harsh shadows. Also like that they die out in the early morning so no worries of them scaring any pre-dawn deer. Killed lots of pigs under them.

Comment

I added a Walmart 1500 lumen solar powered flood light to my feeder. I started with a WGI green motion light then added a small white light dusk to dawn light. After a week I added the white 1500 lumen light. This was the first night running that light. Piggies paid no mind to it. Video was shot from 25 yds with my phone. No piggies were harmed in the making of this video.

Comment

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate the feedback! I got one of the Moultree lights that attaches to their feeder and it is just not as bright as I would like. The feeder is 150 yards from my back porch, so I need something a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by oneshotlu View Post
                    Thanks everybody, I really appreciate the feedback! I got one of the Moultree lights that attaches to their feeder and it is just not as bright as I would like. The feeder is 150 yards from my back porch, so I need something a little better.
                    Yeah, not a good light. I bought one 2 seasons ago and just threw it away yesterday because it stopped working. I opened it up and the board was corroded and wires rotted.

And like you said, not that bright.

J

Comment

The best green light you can buy for pig hunting is a red light

Comment

Why not just buy a thermal?!?!? Young up and coming dog trainer like yourself should be flush with cash!

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                          Why not just buy a thermal?!?!? Young up and coming dog trainer like yourself should be flush with cash!
                          YEAH RIGHT!

Comment

I've been looking at these but don't have any experience with them yet. I like that when it is triggered the light starts off dim and slowly gets brighter. Plus it has a remote.

Comment

Did you get a chance to see the vid I posted. That light is bright enough to see anything under the feeder from over 100yds with the naked eye.

Comment

Working...
                              X