Danner pronghorn reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danner pronghorn reviews

Over all they look good, but i saw a few reviews that said they were wet. Let me know what the green screen says.

I have had mine for 10 years or so. I think they are a solid option. I use them primarily for upland hunting on the prairie and whitetail hunting here.

Comment

I got a new pair a few weeks ago after good recommendations and really like them. Well made and comfortable. Good grip too. Black Ovis had a Killer deal for the newest model, solid leather toe, for $115 and looks like they still have a few. I got the Wide and glad i did.

The Danner Pronghorn GTX Hunting Boot is lightweight and stable. With FAST & FREE SHIPPING, BlackOvis.com is your source for solid hunting gear from the best brands.

Comment

At one time they had a real problem with them leaking and I'm not sure if they have fixed that problem or not.

Comment

I have an old worn out pair that have LOTS of miles on them. They leak a bit now, but I've put them thru pure hell. I'll buy another pair just like 'em. They wear very comfortable for walking/hiking. They are light, dry and give good ankle support plus the lases go all the way to the toe so you can really adjust them to your feet nicely.

Comment

I have had mine for over 8 years. Still running strong and still keep my feet dry. Just got done hunting the Colorado mountains with them. They didn't have as much traction on the rocks as my Salomons but still very comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              At one time they had a real problem with them leaking and I'm not sure if they have fixed that problem or not.
              I think i read that some blamed the stitching on the toe for possibly leaking but that's why they went back to solid leather toe design. But who knows lol so far so good for me.

Comment

I have owned multiple pairs over the years, from hiking to snake boots.

I love them, comfortable and light.

Down fall is they don’t stay waterproof without staying on to of them and cleaning and waterproofing them constantly.

Comment

I have a pair with the leather toe and have had no problems out of them.
                  Use them every year elk hunting.

Comment

I have had 3-4 pair. Can't go wrong. I do have one pair that the seams busted after repeated wet/dry cycles. Needless to say they leak now. But overall extremely happy with them.

Comment

I have 2 pairs that are 11 years old. They are excellent. I have a 3 year old pair that is good, just not as good as the oldies.

They don't leak.

Comment

I have a pair that I bought about 13 years ago. Much better options out there.

Comment

Dont leave them in the garage! I found out in the middle of an Elk hunt that the soles will fall off. Not really a boot problem more of a storage issue in the heat of the garage I guess.
                          Attached Files

Comment

If you wear them in cactus country any boots that are not all leather will likely leak eventually. Those prickly pear spines you pluck from the fabric inserts poke tiny holes through the inner GoreTex membrane. After a while there are enough of those holes to let water through.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              If you wear them in cactus country any boots that are not all leather will likely leak eventually. Those prickly pear spines you pluck from the fabric inserts poke tiny holes through the inner GoreTex membrane. After a while there are enough of those holes to let water through.
                              THis could be my issue, as all mine are worn in heavy cactus country.

Comment

Working...
                              X