No announcement yet.

Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to be the odd one, made it tonight we all thought it was ok, but wont make it this way again. We added jalapenos, then diced tomato and it was better but still not quite right. May be to much cumin, but not sure. For sure not the best we have had. I cooked it in stages and every thing just like it says to.

Comment

Gotta try this one....

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
        I am going to be the odd one, made it tonight we all thought it was ok, but wont make it this way again. We added jalapenos, then diced tomato and it was better but still not quite right. May be to much cumin, but not sure. For sure not the best we have had. I cooked it in stages and every thing just like it says to.
        you had to have missed something. Its the best chili ive ever had. I do add bell pepper though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone tried this with just regular ground venison, not chili grind?

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
            yes. I havent had it with the chili grind. add extra can of tomato sauce and more cayenne

Comment

Originally posted by TX_H-F View Post
              yes. I havent had it with the chili grind. add extra can of tomato sauce and more cayenne

If I am adding rotel I probably don't need an extra can of tomato sauce right?

Comment

idk Id rather have it more saucy than watery I guess. I think it calls for 8oz of tomato I do 16. with diced tomato or rotel. you can go half on the rotel or the other way if you want.

Comment

I'm trying this one!

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                    WE only use regular ground . My wife does not like chili ground . Works great for us .

Comment

Ill have to try it!!

Comment

tagged

Comment

It won't win any awards but my own recipe is very similar to this although sometimes I add in a few splashes of coopers pale ale (aussie preservative free ale).

Gives it a nice homely feel I reckon.

Comment

Cooked this recipe at my daughters bday last year for 50. By popular demand doing it again tomorrow morning again for her bday. Stuff is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good recipe

Comment

Looks like a great recipe. Going to try it out as soon as the weather gets cooler. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X