Coastal Fly Fishing Get together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these fly fishing threads got me to thinking who would be interested in doing a fly fishing get together at the coast, say POC? I know a few of us on here, myself included, have the poling skiff/boats for it. Who's in?

I'd be interested. Have kayaks, if there would be good spots in the bay for those.

Comment

I have a skiff and am next door in Seadrift often. Count me in and I have room for 1 or 2.

Michael

Comment

I'd have room for 1 more unless SkeeterOneal didn't want to go again?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          I'd be interested. Have kayaks, if there would be good spots in the bay for those.
          There's quite a bit of good water that's pretty easy to get to in a yak out of POC and Charlies....

Comment

I’d be in to split fuel and pole around

Comment

If we do this, we can all meet at our little place for a BBQ and beverages after? There are several great places to go to especially as the waters warm up!

Michael

Comment

I'd like to say I'm in, but won't be back to Texas for awhile. Maybe next time

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Not sure if I have the right gear but I'm interested. Anybody want to throw out information on what would be best in terms of rod/reel set ups.

And possibly even some fly patterns that might be good. What time of year also?

Comment

I’m in as well, I live in Victoria and have been wanting to connect with some fly fishermen for awhile. I don’t have a boat but I’ll bring beer and flies and split fuel

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                      Not sure if I have the right gear but I'm interested. Anybody want to throw out information on what would be best in terms of rod/reel set ups.

I use an 8wt redington crux with a lamson guru reel, floating line.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

Crab, shrimp, minnow imitations and I always like to have some poppers to play with.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

I use an 8wt TFO. You might can get by on a 6wt if you're not targeting big reds. Anything in a crab, shrimp, baitfish pattern is good. Also streamers can produce too

Comment

I'd be interested.

Comment

I'd be interested. Probably better to do it later in the year though when SOME of the yahoos clear out.

Comment

Working...
                              X