DIY Polaris Ranger Diamond Plate Floorboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Polaris Ranger Diamond Plate Floorboards

I noticed two small cracks showing up on the plastic floorboard of the ranger so I decided it was time to make something a little tougher.

I headed to the local scrap yard and was able to get (2) 2'X4' sheets of Aluminium diamond plate 1/8 in thickness for $25. I only needed one for this project as I plans for the other.

This was a pretty easy build but I did have to be careful to make sure all the holes lined up.

I used cardboard to make my template.

I then outlined it on the Aluminium and used my handheld grinder with a cutting disc to cut.

The stock bolts that are in the floorboard worked but I was afraid I wasn't getting enough threads into the floor so I went to the hardware store and bought some longer bolts.

The stock bolt is 1/4in -20 by 1in. I replaced them with 1 1/8in "furnture" bolts.
    Attached Files

Yeah thanks for the tip. Ours is cracked on the drivers side. Hard to believe there is no skid plates under the plastic floor.

Comment

That's awesome! We broke the floorboard on one the other day and may just have to try something like this.

Comment

That looks good.

Comment

Thanks guys, I plan on making a cover for the middle section at some point also. Just need to finish a few other projects first

Comment

Old thread I am bringing back up. I need to do this to my Ranger in the of season. Has anybody else done something similar?

Comment

Great work. Looks like a good improvement.

Comment

great idea

Comment

I did the same thing but with plain stainless plate. You did a great job and I like the diamond plate.

Comment

Great idea and execution!

Comment

That'll work

Comment

Great idea

Comment

I got some for my birthday and I built one for the center hump. The driver and passenger are powder coated black and I primed and painted the center one. I like the diamond plate as they aren't slick. Great job.

Comment

Those look good. I had to replace the 400 dollar rear floor board on my ranger earlier this year and was not very happy about it. I will be doing this after deer season for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X