Alazon Old River Tract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alazon Old River Tract

Obviously it is only accessed by boat. Anyone know the condition of the boat ramp?

I have a 12' jon with a six horse on a tilt trailer, yet I can chunk the boat and motor into the truck.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bowdark; 10-05-2019, 10:05 AM.

What I am asking: Is this an actual boat ramp or a clearing on the river where you can launch?

Old Sabine has a 'boat ramp', yeah sure it does.

Never been out to Alazan.

Thanks.

Comment

The ramp is next to the road. You basically put in at the bridge on the highway. You shouldn’t have any issues with that size boat.

Comment

I’ve never put in there, but from looking from the road, I think it’s crushed concrete or rock.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

If you make it over there, let me know how it is. I used to google map scout that place out years ago. A few satellite pictures ago, it looked like a neighboring lease had four wheeler trails all through it. Kind of turned me off. I have private land in the same county so never had a reason to go hunt it. But I always flirted with the idea of a canoe trip/hunt down the Angelina or Neches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatom View Post
              If you make it over there, let me know how it is. I used to google map scout that place out years ago. A few satellite pictures ago, it looked like a neighboring lease had four wheeler trails all through it. Kind of turned me off. I have private land in the same county so never had a reason to go hunt it. But I always flirted with the idea of a canoe trip/hunt down the Angelina or Neches.
              Will do. Its a pretty good spit for me, but I like out of the way places. Its number 3 on my list for this year. It will be a 2-3 day hunt. I will camp.

Comment

It's a good ramp but when the river is low like it is now the big rocks near the waters edge are very rough and caution is advised. I have never been to this unit, only looked at it from across the river on the Nac side. I know a couple of people on here who have hunted there before; maybe one of them will chime in. I do know the previous owners cut the timber before selling to the state. Lots of overgrown areas with tops/limbs about rotted down.

Comment

Working...
                X