Moving to Richmond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Richmond

So, my fam and I are finally moving. What do we need to know about this area? Good churches? Bow shops? Food?

Richmond VA? Richmond IN? Richmond TX?

Comment

TX!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's a nice area. Bass Pro is close, bunch of good places to eat in La Centerra. La Centerra is also a good place for your wife to shop. Traffic sucks between Richmond and Katy. I'm told Richmond flooded really bad during Harvey, but then again it flooded everywhere. I haven't lived here that long so I don't have that much to add.

Comment

Traffic.

That's all I got.

Comment

Whereabouts in Richmond? I lived out North of Richmond off of FM359. It's incredible the growth in the area. It's just not the same anymore. But, I am always home sick for the area. Loved growing up there. Traffic between Richmond/SugarLand/Houston SUCKS!! Pay attention to flood plain maps. The Brazos river and hurricanes are bad for the area.

Comment

It has grown tons, especially off the Grand Pkwy. Good places to eat include, Lopez (best cheese enchiladas) next door to Gallery Furniture, Ol Railroad Cafe, the Swinging Door (bbq), Ramble Creek Grill.

Pretty much getting everything off the Grand Pkwy now. I remember looking out for deer and hogs driving on it when it first opened out there back in late 90s.

Simonton and Fulshear are the new way out there places.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pier 36 on 90. Great guy and great food!

Comment

There are quite a few TBH'ers out this way. Richmond is a good area. Have y'all found a home yet? There's a lot of great restaurants, good family activities and growth out this way. Traffic is terrible with all the construction going on.

Comment

Stay away from the Brazos river, many subdivisions surround the former river bottoms. If you have kids, try to Stay away from most rosenberg/Richmond schools, but do Your research because they aren’t all bad. I’d say that if you can move to Needville instead. There’s still a small Town atmosphere there, We haul our kids there. Welcome to the area and if you need anything there are plenty people to help

Comment

Been there for 5 years and like it. Took a job in Corpus and thought family would follow, listed the house but ultimately we decided to stay. My wife found a good group of other wives/moms to hang with and everything clicked. We live in Pecan Grove. Pros and Cons to anywhere, but we like it. We did not flood during Harvey.

Las Mananitas on Mason and 99 is our go to Mexican food spot. Tons of other options near by. Academy is off 1093 by Fulshear right now, but they are building one just south of Mason and 99 soon.

We like Crosspoint in Katy. My neighbor is an active and happy member of Joy Lutheran of 359.Tons of options in the area to see what's the best fit for your family.

Overall a solid place for a family, at a very reasonable cost of living relative to some other spots in Houston area. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Comment

I grew up there. We lived in old Richmond near the high school. It certainly has changed.

Comment

If you have any questions send me a PM. I have been in Law Enforcement for 10 years in Fort Bend. Some nice areas and good schools

Comment

Working...
                          X