No announcement yet.

Drink beer every day ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a few whiskey drinks or 5 or 6 beers 4-5 days per week. I go on Call 1 week per month, so that week I don't drink at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
      How many folks have something to drink every day?
      My wife is on me about me wanting to drink some beer every night when I get in from work. I am sure she is right , as far as it not being a good habit but it has become a habit for sure.
      Gave it up the everyday routine among other changes and lost 60 lbs.
      I'm also a lot more clear and focused on my goals.
      I have a handful of drinks a month now. Don't miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
        I have quit drinking almost completely over the last few years. I guess I developed an allergy to something in beer. As soon as I drink one, I get a runny nose and headache, regardless of brand. I will still have one or two on a rare occassion, but cant say that I miss beer at all.
        I would go get an allergy shot and fix that problem!

Comment

Great post. Used to be an everyday guy, now keep it to the weekends. Gave it up for 90 days earlier this year just to make sure I could. Best thing I have done in a long time. Took a 3 week break recently as well.

If any of you are on the fence or concerned about how much you drink, don’t be afraid to give it up for a couple weeks. It’ll let you know where you stand and how much or how little you depend on it.

I know for me, I have a lot more focus and clarity during the week when I abstain, and it helps keeping some more money in my pocket and pounds off the waist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I own part of a brewery and for the first few years, I was having a few beers every night and then quite a few on weekends. I started tracking my consumption and normalizing it to the fact that an IPA isn't the same as a Bud Light.

I was drinking like 35 drinks a week on average. Felt that was way too much. I've backed it down and am probably kicking about 20 a week on average now, but that includes drinking zero drinks Monday through Thursday. So I'm sort of a weekend drinker.

Still probably not healthy, but better than where I was.

Comment

Today is 92 days sober for me. I was drinking too much and it was destroying my marriage and I was afraid I was setting a bad example for my lil ones looking up to me smelling alcohol on daddy’s breath. Gave it up because I can’t just have a beer or two. I’ll have 1 or 2 then drink scotch until I can’t.
              Never been that good at moderation but now I don’t have to worry about it.

Don’t miss drinking one bit. I’m aware, I’m alert if/when the wife or kids need me. It’s made a huge difference in my marriage and I’m happy I married a strong woman who stood up and said something.

If you think you might have a problem you just might. Alcohol isn’t necessary to live and it destroys families and individuals daily. I’m not standing on my bible yelling alcohol is evil, but for me it creates nothing but problems.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post

If any of you are on the fence or concerned about how much you drink, don’t be afraid to give it up for a couple weeks. It’ll let you know where you stand and how much or how little you depend on it.

Disagree. Only thing that proves is that there is no physical dependency on alcohol. What lets you know if you depend on it is your overall mindset when you abstain. If you still obsess about it when you don’t drink, it merely becomes a “countdown” until you get to drink again. Think of the same scenario with food. I’m just drawing from personal experience and everyone is different. I stopped drinking 9 years ago. I would drink a minimum of 12 a night and sometimes 18-20 during the week. Weekends got ugly. I had no off switch. I “quit” several times to prove I could, but deep down I didn’t “quit”, because it stayed in the front of my mind. Again that’s just my experience with it. Everyone is different, but I promise some know what I’m saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glocker View Post
                  Today is 92 days sober for me. I was drinking too much and it was destroying my marriage and I was afraid I was setting a bad example for my lil ones looking up to me smelling alcohol on daddy’s breath. Gave it up because I can’t just have a beer or two. I’ll have 1 or 2 then drink scotch until I can’t.
                  Never been that good at moderation but now I don’t have to worry about it.

Don’t miss drinking one bit. I’m aware, I’m alert if/when the wife or kids need me. It’s made a huge difference in my marriage and I’m happy I married a strong woman who stood up and said something.

If you think you might have a problem you just might. Alcohol isn’t necessary to live and it destroys families and individuals daily. I’m not standing on my bible yelling alcohol is evil, but for me it creates nothing but problems.

This is a bad***** post. Gotta respect a man that realizes there's a problem and takes control. Keep your guard up friend. The drink is a sneaky bee-itch.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    Disagree. Only thing that proves is that there is no physical dependency on alcohol. What lets you know if you depend on it is your overall mindset when you abstain. If you still obsess about it when you don’t drink, it merely becomes a “countdown” until you get to drink again. Think of the same scenario with food. I’m just drawing from personal experience and everyone is different. I stopped drinking 9 years ago. I would drink a minimum of 12 a night and sometimes 18-20 during the week. Weekends got ugly. I had no off switch. I “quit” several times to prove I could, but deep down I didn’t “quit”, because it stayed in the front of my mind. Again that’s just my experience with it. Everyone is different, but I promise some know what I’m saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Yep. When I quit (had to or my life was gonna be over) I went into a depression because I thought life was over anyway. How could I ever have fun if I couldn't drink? I obsessed for a long time.
                    26 years later I still "obsess" from time to time but I don't dare touch it cause I know right where I'd be in no time. For me I'll never truly get over the cravings but they're few and far between.
                    I have more fun now than the average person for sure!

Comment

Great advice that applies to any habit really. If you want to learn more about your relationship with some habit you have, either do a whole lot more of it or a whole lot less and see how it affects you.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        Disagree. Only thing that proves is that there is no physical dependency on alcohol. What lets you know if you depend on it is your overall mindset when you abstain.
                        Y'all are saying the same thing... if you interpret what he said like I did... to see not only physically but mentally how it affects you (where you stand), a period of abstinence can teach you a lot about your relationship to something. If you can't stop thinking about it and count days until you're done, it has control over you, which is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          I'm a recovering alcoholic. 26 years sober now. I drank everyday. If drinking has ever caused problems in your life, i.e. dui, fights, loss of job, them you have a problem.
                          If your wife is concerned then knock it off. Your in a partnership with her and the leader of your home. Her feeling of security is more important than your desire to drink every night.
                          If you find that you can't (or don't want to) cut back, you might want to seek out some help.
                          Showing her that you care enough about her feelings to change will go a long way in your life.

God bless you my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            Y'all are saying the same thing... if you interpret what he said like I did... to see not only physically but mentally how it affects you (where you stand), a period of abstinence can teach you a lot about your relationship to something. If you can't stop thinking about it and count days until you're done, it has control over you, which is a problem.
                            I stand corrected. I've been known to misread at times.

Comment

I’m drinking a beer right now.

Comment

[ATTACH]943460[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X