Pheasant breast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pheasant breast

Buddy of mine gave me 5 pheasant breasts from his Kansas trip. What is the best way to cook/prepare these?

Pheasant and dumplings or pheasant fajitas are my favorites. There’s another recipe I really like that I’ll try to find a link to and post here. Just remember it can get dry pretty fast.

Comment

I’m cooking em like quail. Split the breast and put jalapeño or green pepper and cream cheese. Season and wrap with bacon so they don’t dry out and put on the grill till the bacon is done.

Comment

Slice it thin bread it and fry it up

Comment

[ATTACH][ATTACH]1081754

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
          Attached Files

Comment

Just breast or whole birds?

If whole my favorite is Beer can style or just oiled and seasoned and put on the grill.

If just breasts my favorites are a Crack chicken recipe, grilled rolled in franks hot wing sauce, grilled and thrown in noodles and pesto sauce.

Be careful, pheasant is extremely lean and dries out very quick

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                Slice it thin bread it and fry it up
                Yes!

Comment

Can’t go wrong with any of the 5 above recipes. I’m jealous.

Comment

Search for “what’s your favorite pheasant recipe” in this forum, has some good ones also.

Comment

fry it. Every other way I've had it it sucked.

Comment

Dude wouldn’t give me the recipe, but I was in North Dakota at a bar for the super bowl many years ago. They had a pot luck buffet thing going on and there was a pheasant stroganoff. It was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Debone the breast and brine in Lanes BBQ - Sweet Tea Brine. Typically sold at any BBQ/Green Egg/Pellet smoker place where other seasoning are sold. Simply follow the amount suggested for chicken.

After brining 4hrs or overnight. Remove breast rinse cold water, pat dry.

Fire up the grill

Then take Philadelphia cream cheese, cut into small pieces (say 1/4in thick on width of block). You can put the block in the freezer for a little while ahead of time to make it easier to cut.

Next cut peppers (heat of your liking – (jalapeño, serrano, hatch, banana, or bell, etc.)) into strips about 1/2in. wide.

Take a piece of bacon lay flat or cutting board or other surface, place pheasant breast on top of bacon. Next place piece of cream cheese on top of breast followed by a piece of pepper. Wrap bacon around breast covering pepper and cheese. Secure with wooden toothpicks. You can cut the breast into smaller pieces to make several pieces

Make a small amount of butter/garlic sauce for basting, don’t burn the garlic or you can cheat with garlic powder.

Cook bacon wrapped breast on the grill, turning regularly to avoid burning the bacon. When almost ready lightly baste breast with garlic butter sauce. Take off grill and let rest.

You can add any side you like to this.

Remember to watch out or remove toothpicks before eating.

We prefer the beast on the medium rare side. But if you go to far, they will dry out.

Enjoy.

Comment

I like to cut the breasts into 1-2" chunks, marinate, wrap in bacon, and skewer with veggies for grilled kabobs.

Comment

My buddy and I made pheasant poppers a couple months ago and were blown away.
                              Pheasant breast, jalapeno, cream cheese, red onion, bacon. Smoke at 375 for 30 or so minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X