Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loyalty Points Question

Hey Gents!

I know that group loyalty points go by the average of the group. My question is this;

If I was to put my 10 year old on say the GD E/S Category with me, would it still average out or would it just base on my points since she is a minor and wouldn't be paying a permit fee anyways?

Example, I will have 6 points this year but she would only have 1.

Average of both..

Comment

so you only get 3.5 pts? And they probably round it down to 3.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        so you only get 3.5 pts? And they probably round it down to 3.

They round up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. That's what I figured but was hoping it didn't apply if a youth was on the permit.

Comment

I wish I would have started applying my kids on the adult categories way before I did. At least one per category to let them start getting points built up in those categories. Like you said it's free for them to apply and if you get lucky and draw a hunt then it's free for them to hunt. Either way it's good to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
              I wish I would have started applying my kids on the adult categories way before I did. At least one per category to let them start getting points built up in those categories. Like you said it's free for them to apply and if you get lucky and draw a hunt then it's free for them to hunt. Either way it's good to do.
              This is something that I started doing for my son a few years ago.

My Dad took me on a few TPWD drawn dove hunts when I was kid, but he was never much of a hunter himself so he never participated in the draw outside of that. I "rediscovered" the TPWD draw in my 30's and wish that I had been applying all along. Now I apply my son for youth hunts and add him to at least 1 hunt in all of the adult categories that I apply for. I'm hoping to set him up for success and stack the odds in his favor for when he is old enough to hunt on his own. Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
              X