No announcement yet.

SUV recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a 2019 expedition max for myself back in Feb. The 3.5 eco has been great, with a tune there is a noticeable bump in power too. I've been very happy with it. Mileage is very good on road trips 18-22 depending on speed. It rides smooth and the seats are comfortable. Plenty of room in every row, even in the 3rd row with kids. I wish the storage was a bit bigger in the back with the 3rd row up but it's sufficient. I've had zero issues with it and have put right at 15k miles on it since I bought it.

Comment

Car bingo gave me a great deal on my used truck. 10k higher than 2 other dealer offers.

We love our Traverse, great MPG and room. We looked at the Telluride, but wasn't allowed to test drive and had to wait 6 months to get it/test drive it. so we went with the traverse.

Comment

We have a VW Atlas and love it. 3 rows, reclining second row seats, plenty of storage cubbies, just not many cup holders for the 2nd row. Gas mileage is great with the turbo 4 cylinder at 25-27 mpg on the highway. The turbo 4 is only rated to tow 2,000 pounds but the V6 is rated for 5,000 pounds with the tow package.

Just DO NOT go to VW of Waco!!

Comment

Recently switched from a 2016 Expedition to a 2022 Tahoe. Very happy.

Comment

Tahoe/Yukon

Comment

Just don't get the panoramic roof with the expedition. My wife's rattles so bad inside the roof that I cringe when I have to ride in it. It's inside the roof. 14k miles. And know of 2 more that's the same way.

Comment

When I got rid of my Traverse, I looked at the 4-runner. The vehical looks great on the outside, but I was big time dissapointed on the space inside.

Ended up with a 2017 Ford Expedition XLT, and have been statisfied.

I passed on the EL, now called MAX, but do not regret it. Had I gone with the EL all it would have meant is my wife and kiddos could bring more stuff when we travel.

Comment

For those that have asked, her current truck is a 2016 f-250 lariat with 130k miles. It’s been a fantastic truck but she just doesn’t need to be running our two girls to and from school and after school in a diesel. It’s in fantastic shape and has definitely been babied. Has icon suspension all the way around, weatherguard mats, gooseneck etc. It has been deleted so I dunno if that will affect us at the dealership or not. I’ve been told most dealerships do not worry about it. From my research, I think we should expect to get $40,000 or so for it but I have a guy that is supposed to give me a hard number on what the dealership should offer.

Expedition search is on now! Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Expedition.

Wife has driven nothing but Tahoes for the last 15 years and loved them. That being said the new Expedition is winning on all accounts so far.

Comment

I'll chime in on the Expedition....I've only driven Chevy's my entire life, but 4 years ago bought my wife an Expedition EL. Best vehicle we owned...love it and hope to have another soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                        Dodge Durango is pretty nice. We compared them to all the others in that class and the best bang for the buck was the Dodge. We shopped the Expedition, 4Runner, Tahoe, etc.

This. My wife is on here second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                          For those that have asked, her current truck is a 2016 f-250 lariat with 130k miles. It’s been a fantastic truck but she just doesn’t need to be running our two girls to and from school and after school in a diesel. It’s in fantastic shape and has definitely been babied. Has icon suspension all the way around, weatherguard mats, gooseneck etc. It has been deleted so I dunno if that will affect us at the dealership or not. I’ve been told most dealerships do not worry about it. From my research, I think we should expect to get $40,000 or so for it but I have a guy that is supposed to give me a hard number on what the dealership should offer.

Expedition search is on now! Thanks
                          Thanks for sharing. I'd bet you sell it outright for that price no problem.

Good luck!

Comment

We have been really happy so far with my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. We absolutely loved our 2016 4runner but it got cramped in a hurry.

Comment

Bought the wife a 2021 Expedition XLT in December and absolutely love it. Great mileage and plenty of power. Very comfortable. No issues with the panoramic sun roof either like mentioned.

Comment

I’ve checked around a few places on the expedition and I have yet to find a place that will come off MSRP. A couple wanted $2,000-4,000 OVER Msrp. Is this the new norm? I’ve never purchased a new vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X