Who to use for utv insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chongo View Post
    Jerry handles my insurance. He's good people.
    Thanks Chris. Just responded to his pm.

Comment

UTV insurance what is that? Maybe I am viewing mine in the wrong manner.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        UTV insurance what is that? Maybe I am viewing mine in the wrong manner.

99% of home policies no longer cover theft of 4 wheelers and side by sides. You’ll also get liability coverage if you hurt someone/someone gets hurt riding your atv/utv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          99% of home policies no longer cover theft of 4 wheelers and side by sides. You’ll also get liability coverage if you hurt someone/someone gets hurt riding your atv/utv.

Gotcha and I understand. As I understand my home policy covers mine being stolen. But I will reaffirm this for my own protections. In my specific case I have other policies that will cover me if we have any liability issues come up.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            Gotcha and I understand. As I understand my home policy covers mine being stolen. But I will reaffirm this for my own protections. In my specific case I have other policies that will cover me if we have any liability issues come up.
            with a 4 wheeler or RTV you should be more concerned about liability than replacement - replacing it is way better than paying for someone getting injured while they are using the vehicle

If you are referring to an umbrella liability policy it will only pay if your vehicle has a base amount of liability coverage from home owners or separate policy - Umbrella only kicks in after your other coverage has paid out- visit with your agent
            Last edited by Huntingfool; 07-06-2022, 06:51 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Huntingfool;16288447]with a 4 wheeler or RTV you should be more concerned about liability than replacement - replacing it is way better than paying for someone getting injured while they are using the vehicle

If you are referring to an umbrella liability policy it will only pay if your vehicle has a base amount of liability coverage from home owners or separate policy - Umbrella only kicks in after your other coverage has paid out- visit with your agent[/QUOTE

I agree on your comments of more concerns with liability. In vehicle are you referring to the atv or UTV? But yes I will get clarification with my agent on these matters.

Comment

We received a letter from our home owners insurance that utvs and atvs were no longer covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post

Jerry takes care of me as well. Highly recommend

Comment

I use Progressive, cheap and easy to deal with and cover 25 miles south of the border.

Comment

Prgoressive. I was surprised how cheap it was even with $250 deductibles. If it flies off the trailer I'm out $250. If it tear out the lower hitting a stump in the dark I'm out $250.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by The Insurance Guy View Post
                          I am a broker and can do the shopping for you. You can email me at Cale.staton@rolloinsurance.com

Cale got us taking care of!
                          It was almost like doing business with one of your hunting buddies…

Comment

I’ve had foremost in the past, very cheap, and they had to pay out almost $50k after a lawsuit. A guy was riding with me in my utv and we rolled over, and his leg got a stress break in lower leg. $9k in med bills and the rest of as pain and bs. His hole family filed on me over that a minor broke leg. He just had and air cast. My only complaint with foremost is they didn’t let me know that he was going to file a lawsuit against me, because he wanted the limits of the policy. I got the policy for thief, but it saved my bacon, with that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                              Cale got us taking care of!
                              It was almost like doing business with one of your hunting buddies…

Thank you!! Glad I could help!!!

Comment

All-State does mine for less than $150/year for comprehensive coverage. Have all my policies with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X