Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    Starts with the parents I'm afraid.
    Easy enough to not let them act like you know whats.
    Absolute FACT!!!!
    Originally posted by CBHunter View Post
    My kid's team won a T-ball (yes, T-BALL) game by forfeit this weekend because all 4 coaches for the other team got ejected. Started with arguing a bang bang play at first base...then moved to pushing the umpire and spitting at her (yes, HER). I've never seen anything like it! Again...T-BALL!

Afterward, my 6 yo asks me "why didn't we get to finish our game?" Only thing I could come up with is some adults just can't seem to act like adults.
    First, give your son my kongrats. Second, kongrats to you for giving him a really great response. Tough to read what you posted, just sad!
    Originally posted by Dusty8186 View Post
    The boys I coach know better (10u). I don't care if we're up by 2 or down by 100, we will be an encouragement to our teammates. If we hear any of our boys disparaging the other team, they are running. Right then & there, they are pulled from the lineup and running around the field on the outside of the fence.
    Thats called discipline and a leader of young men......thank you!!!

Comment

Thank you!!!!

Originally posted by dusty8186 View Post
      the boys i coach know better (10u). I don't care if we're up by 2 or down by 100, we will be an encouragement to our teammates. If we hear any of our boys disparaging the other team, they are running. Right then & there, they are pulled from the lineup and running around the field on the outside of the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by JunxMan View Post
        I think the atmosphere is College Station is generally regarded as "great" but the "ball 4, ball 5, ball 6, ball 7" directed at the opposing pitcher is tough.

It's one thing in that arena with 18-21 year olds, but I heard it this weekend at an 11U Select baseball tourney and it didn't sit well. It also didn't last long, so I think their own coaches and parents shut it down.
        That is all real funny until it's your kid pitching against A&M. Happened to my son. Thankfully he got his snap and eventually got Krey Bratsen to bunt the ball and then threw his butt out. Probably the best defensive play he ever made. Dude had some wheels.

Comment

I think the atmosphere is College Station is generally regarded as "great" but the "ball 4, ball 5, ball 6, ball 7" directed at the opposing pitcher is tough.
          I wouldn't call this bad sportsmanship at all, just good natured ribbing. The fans are actually rooting for a strike. Haven't you seen the applause and cheers the opposing pitcher gets when he does finally throw a strike?

Trash talking seems to be more of a culture at the high school baseball level than anywhere else I've witnessed, and much more so (almost entirely) from the dugout than on the field. I've never understood why it's tolerated at that particular level. Both my boys played high school baseball, and I can tell you, this was not the case in youth rec ball or select ball, and it certainly wasn't the case in high school summer league.

Comment

Saw a video clip of a college guy hitting one out of the park and flipping off the outfielders and everyone else as he rounded the bases. I would have had a big problem with that…

Comment

Good thread. I personally am a Tennessee fan and acknowledge that they are disliked by most but I’ll be for A&M now

Comment

It's one thing in that arena with 18-21 year olds, but I heard it this weekend at an 11U Select baseball tourney and it didn't sit well. It also didn't last long, so I think their own coaches and parents shut it down.

Keep in mind, you’re talking about people who bring bubbles to a college baseball game…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t mind a little taunting but hearing in the stands **** you **** **** ***** ginger headed **** your mom goes to college. That’s unnecessary a little taunting and being a little edgy saying ball 5, 6 is just being competitive and is what it is. Players cussing or using obscene gestures is really not necessary.
                  Last edited by Mitchell8; 06-14-2022, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Completely a different scenario, but recently I have been watching a lot of UFC fights. I have been super impressed by the sportsmanship displayed by the majority of the combatants after the fights.

Comment

A little trash talking is fine but the cussing and the obnoxious loud idiots both bucks and does just gets old and embarrassing. Both my kids have graduated high school in the last few years. I am very glad to be done with high school sports and cheerleading. I’ll probably keep my great football season tickets, but it will probably be years before I willingly attend a game. I just got tired or the horrible fans sportsmanship. It sucked and I was embarrassed for them and I’m no candy asterisk. It’s just that some people think their opinion matters and have a much higher value to their worth in stupid commentary.

Comment

Ballparks seem to bring out the worse in people especially the diehards my son or daughter is the best & should never sit the bench

Comment

My first high school home run the other teams 2nd baseman and SS gave me a high five. Lol

Comment

Not to pat my own back but my son played from Tee-ball through his Varsity season of High school. Usually 3 seasons a year and I helped coach most seasons in little league. Only once in that time I really got into it with another parent. Have a problem with the umps? Wait until between innings and address the issue like an adult. Two coaches or parents get into it? I grab my son and give him a lesson on the spot and explain why that situation could have been avoided. I can understand stuff getting heated during heated in College and in MLB because there is way more to lose and at that point it's a real job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              If that's the case, then they were ****ty parents to begin with.

You’re right; and, sadly, there are a lot of sh**y parents out there. From all walks of life.

Comment

Originally posted by mrddye View Post
                                My first high school home run the other teams 2nd baseman and SS gave me a high five. Lol

That’s how my son is, he knows how much work goes in. When they pass him at SS he’ll dap’em up if they aren’t ****** heads.

I tell him if he wants to get into that chirp game, he needs to think about every screw up he’s ever had between the lines, and those that may happen next if his head is in the wrong place. Chirping a little is fun, gamesmanship is even more fun, disrespect will not be tolerated.

I absolutely love to have fun with other coaches, parents, and umpires…it’s a great way to keep everyone loose. I’m also the 1st to praise the other team when they make a great play, it’s not hard to set a good tone, and I tend to be a little loud, so it doesn’t do for me to be negative anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X