Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 06-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default What are your thoughts on this article?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/n...ound-the-world

Curious of you guys opinions on this article?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post

My thoughts. I Donít take issue with it. Although I will note that nowadays, and this is the opinion of many gay conservatives as well, more discrimination is seen in many places by being conservative than being gay.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #3
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Man and our behavior has changed/evolved over time... What has NOT changed or evolved is the Word of God... Such a perversion is an abomination to the Lord and without repentance, those who do such things will be condemned to the eternal fires of hell. Sexual immorality is one of the most egregious sins of man...

This sort of thing is "progressive" in today's society, but to Almighty God it is "sin".
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #4
brokeno
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

Saltwater slick is right on
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 04:05 PM   #5
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Don't care who bangs who, as long as they're both 18 or older*. Less government interference in our personal lives.

*edit: forgot to add, "and it's consensual".

Last edited by sir shovelhands; 06-10-2019 at 04:19 PM.
sir shovelhands is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 05:25 PM   #6
Leemo
Ten Point

If you accept homosexuality, you accept sin....case closed
Leemo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #7
Man
Pope & Young

Not the direction I was thinking was was going to go but ok.

So what do you do if you are born a man and you are attracted to other man and not woman by no fault of your own? You are automatically doomed to the eternal fires of hell from the moment you were born? Sorry but as a Christian I just can't agree with this.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #8
erikm1981
Ten Point

Pretty simple explanation on if itís supposed to be:

Take all the homosexuals put them on a island, no electricity no means to cook up a kid in a lab and see how long they last.

Do the same with heterosexuals and see which population survives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
erikm1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #9
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:

So what do you do if you are born a man and you are attracted to other man and not woman by no fault of your own? You are automatically doomed to the eternal fires of hell from the moment you were born? Sorry but as a Christian I just can't agree with this.
Just because you are attracted doesnt mean you have to act on it. Not a sin to be tempted.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #10
DirtyDave
Ten Point

We're all sinners.....
DirtyDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #11
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Just another Brokeback Mountain moment.
https://youtu.be/pG9hCSUckCg
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #12
Stuck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikm1981 View Post

Take all the homosexuals put them on a island, no electricity no means to cook up a kid in a lab and see how long they last.

Uh. Hate to paint out the obvious, but where do you think the original homosexuals came from.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #13
erikm1981
Ten Point

Dang sure didnít come from necessity... if it was meant to be why the heck canít a man and man reproduce naturally or woman and woman? Sure seems like if it was the natural order of things then the human race would be able to continue by doing so, but it wouldnít.

erikm1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #14
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

My thoughts are meh, ok.

If people would just go back to living their lives, keeping private stuff private and donít post your life for the world to see we would all be better off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #15
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
My thoughts are meh, ok.

If people would just go back to living their lives, keeping private stuff private and donít post your life for the world to see we would all be better off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very true!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #16
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

I think the dude with the rainbow tailgate told the writer a lie when he said he identified as a heterosexual male. The article is meant to be divisive and anti-country folk, which is not a surprise since it was written by someone from CNN.
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 08:56 PM   #17
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikm1981 View Post

But these people are born in cities both urban and rural and dont need to help with population contributions...what do they do with themselves?
Old 06-10-2019, 09:04 PM   #18
TxAg
Pope & Young

Doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't decorate my truck.
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 09:31 PM   #19
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
But these people are born in cities both urban and rural and dont need to help with population contributions...what do they do with themselves?
Stop rebelling...they need a voice full love and compassion (not judgement) to open their heart to a healthier (God ordained) way of living.

As to the article, I applaud the gesture of reaching out just wish there was a different message behind it.
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 09:35 PM   #20
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Who cares?
Do what you want....

It might be weird as hell to some, including myself, but that’s life lol
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 09:08 AM   #21
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:

I see they blacked-out the TXNSFAN licence plate
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #22
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

The LGBT community finds ways to be offended and over exaggerate their oppression and their struggles. I have no problem with someone expressing their support for that crowd. My problem with the whole movement is that i have to agree with it or i'm a bigot

Well thats horse ****.
The LGBT community has a very vocal and radical membership that spend much more time trying to destroy Christians than there are Christians trying to destroy them
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #23
Passafist
Six Point

Hunt In: Palo Pinto County

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Man and our behavior has changed/evolved over time... What has NOT changed or evolved is the Word of God... Such a perversion is an abomination to the Lord and without repentance, those who do such things will be condemned to the eternal fires of hell. Sexual immorality is one of the most egregious sins of man...

This sort of thing is "progressive" in today's society, but to Almighty God it is "sin".
So let me get this ďstraightĒ you have an invisible friend and he does magic tricks,,, so the rest of the world should live by YOUR standards? Wow how forgiving and Christian of you. And since you are perfect you can decide what is acceptable and what isnít. This attitude is exactly why I despise religions of all sorts, because I have to live like you say. How about you live your life as a Muslim says I mean really thatís a god too!
Passafist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #24
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passafist View Post
So let me get this ďstraightĒ you have an invisible friend and he does magic tricks,,, so the rest of the world should live by YOUR standards? Wow how forgiving and Christian of you. And since you are perfect you can decide what is acceptable and what isnít. This attitude is exactly why I despise religions of all sorts, because I have to live like you say. How about you live your life as a Muslim says I mean really thatís a god too!
This garbage does not even deserve a reply but I will...

I absolutely don't care how you or anyone else lives their life. That's the thing about Almighty God. He created you and He gave you the ability to choose, completely up to you. So you go right ahead and live any way you please. Sure ain't no skin off my back.
However if you so chose to actually read and study just a bit instead of flaring off your predestined sound bites of "religion bashing", you might just learn that there is indeed a higher authority than you. You are but a speck in time and though the God that created you loves you, it is completely up to you to choose to accept that love or reject it. Even you being such a person as you are deserve to be prayed for, for your own salvation at some point while you are on the green side of the grass, and I will do that. However, if you choose to remain blinded to the facts, that is totally up to you.
God Bless you.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:52 PM   #25
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Cody is trying to get layed...one way or another.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #26
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
I see they blacked-out the TXNSFAN licence plate
**** near busted a gut laughing at that!
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #27
Man
Pope & Young

When I posted this I was expecting more of what I noticed...that its trying to paint all rural people as bigots. And a guy calling others who he doesn't know Bigots in the attempt to help bigotry.

yeah....but this went another direction.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #28
Clay C
Ten Point

Here's the thing. I don't care. No one does. It isn't a big deal to be gay this day and age. In fact, in a lot of the country it's celebrated and gives you some sort of elevated status. Articles like this are written to highlight a "problem" that doesn't exist in order to push an agenda.

Leave me alone and i'll leave you alone. Don't judge me and I won't judge you. Deal?
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #29
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
When I posted this I was expecting more of what I noticed...that its trying to paint all rural people as bigots. And a guy calling others who he doesn't know Bigots in the attempt to virtue signal.

That's all it boils down to.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 01:57 PM   #30
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
When I posted this I was expecting more of what I noticed...that its trying to paint all rural people as bigots. And a guy calling others who he doesn't know Bigots in the attempt to help bigotry.

Maybe he's making an attempt, albeit a poor one, to do the opposite? Perception of any group from the outside tends toward the monolithic, and the general stereotype of country folk is that they are a monolith of uneducated, backwards bigots. Now this may be true of Mississippi, but elsewhere, it's certainly not. Maybe his message was trying to point that out. (I could be wrong, and he does think most country people are bigots, but that's my take).
sir shovelhands is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #31
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Cody is trying to get layed...one way or another.

I believe your correct.
Typical Male feminist or soyboy actions. Pretend to care in order to get some good stuff.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #32
Passafist
Six Point

Quote:

I absolutely don't care how you or anyone else lives their life. That's the thing about Almighty God. He created you and He gave you the ability to choose, completely up to you. So you go right ahead and live any way you please. Sure ain't no skin off my back.
However if you so chose to actually read and study just a bit instead of flaring off your predestined sound bites of "religion bashing", you might just learn that there is indeed a higher authority than you. You are but a speck in time and though the God that created you loves you, it is completely up to you to choose to accept that love or reject it. Even you being such a person as you are deserve to be prayed for, for your own salvation at some point while you are on the green side of the grass, and I will do that. However, if you choose to remain blinded to the facts, that is totally up to you.
God Bless you.
Doesnít deserve a reply??? Hehehehe Again you refuse to accept that some people donít see your god the way you do. As far as predestined sound bites, let me set you straight I grew up every Sunday morning and evening and every Wednesday night in a church went to religious camps in the summer only to see the ďholy menĒ rape my sisters,have alduterous affairs and then after becoming an adult seeing Catholic Priest raping kids, yea god, love, repent,Holy Spirit and on and on. If itís what you need by all means go for it but for you to expect others to bow to your belief of sins, in my opinion is arrogant
Old 06-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #33
deerplanter
Ten Point

Not my place to judge anyone and those that do need not cast the first stone.
deerplanter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #34
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:

I along with most other men are far more attracted to super hot chicks. Does that mean God doesn't care if we run around having sex with all of them?

Some guys are attracted to children of no fault of their own. Some to animals. Some people have a hard time with cursing, or being jealous or any other sin.

We all have our weakness and it's up to us, with Gods help to overcome.

And one can't "repent" of a sin and just do it again without care or worry, then repent again. That's NOT being sorry for the sin committed.

And to the one guy...Not all churches rape the children..Geez. You should try other churches and denominations. Anyone who go to a Catholic church and thinks that's even remotely close to all other churches has no clue at all.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 05:01 PM   #35
Passafist
Six Point

Ok, I’m not trying to offend anyone but if you look at this from an objective stand point this is the point I’m was trying to make when replying to the person who stated that “gay” is perverse and an abomination.... When I was a kid I BELIEVED in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny along with the tooth fairy etc. and that is what religion basically is ( I dumbed it down that far to make this point) all religions are a belief or faith there is no fact or proof only that a person BELIEVES it’s true and the original person I replied to wants to say perversion and abomination due to his belief. Not everyone believes as he does but he has no problem condemning people to hell based on his belief. And what if he is wrong!!! What if the Pentecostal, Muslim, FLDS, or Scientology is right they all believe they are right and he is wrong. I say all of this to make the point that no one has moral superiority nor the right to say what is perverse or an abomination
Old 06-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #36
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ok, Iím not trying to offend anyone but if you look at this from an objective stand point this is the point Iím was trying to make when replying to the person who stated that ďgayĒ is perverse and an abomination.... When I was a kid I BELIEVED in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny along with the tooth fairy etc. and that is what religion basically is ( I dumbed it down that far to make this point) all religions are a belief or faith there is no fact or proof only that a person BELIEVES itís true and the original person I replied to wants to say perversion and abomination due to his belief. Not everyone believes as he does but he has no problem condemning people to hell based on his belief. And what if he is wrong!!! What if the Pentecostal, Muslim, FLDS, or Scientology is right they all believe they are right and he is wrong. I say all of this to make the point that no one has moral superiority nor the right to say what is perverse or an abomination
By that same token, no one should not have the right to say what is NOT perverse or an abomination....right?
Old 06-11-2019, 05:26 PM   #37
duckmanep
Pope & Young

you really can use duct tape for anything.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #38
Passafist
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
By that same token, no one should not have the right to say what is NOT perverse or an abomination....right?
Absolutely! But if you do you donít have the right to not be criticized or YOUR BELIEF to be questioned or criticized and then act like your feelings are hurt because someone doesnít believe in your invisible friend and what the both of you think is right or wrong
Old 06-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #39
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ok, Iím not trying to offend anyone but if you look at this from an objective stand point this is the point Iím was trying to make when replying to the person who stated that ďgayĒ is perverse and an abomination.... When I was a kid I BELIEVED in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny along with the tooth fairy etc. and that is what religion basically is ( I dumbed it down that far to make this point) all religions are a belief or faith there is no fact or proof only that a person BELIEVES itís true and the original person I replied to wants to say perversion and abomination due to his belief. Not everyone believes as he does but he has no problem condemning people to hell based on his belief. And what if he is wrong!!! What if the Pentecostal, Muslim, FLDS, or Scientology is right they all believe they are right and he is wrong. I say all of this to make the point that no one has moral superiority nor the right to say what is perverse or an abomination
Anyone has a right to say something is perverse and abomination. This is America at least it once was.
No one can or did condemn anyone to hell so that's pure stupidity.
Would you call raping kids perverse and an abomination?
Old 06-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #40
Passafist
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
you really can use duct tape for anything.
Except a condom that would be a really bad idea
Old 06-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #41
Passafist
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Anyone has a right to say something is perverse and abomination. This is America at least it once was.
No one can or did condemn anyone to hell so that's pure stupidity.
Would you call raping kids perverse and an abomination?
Actually no I would call it sick and deserving of a bullet between the eyes
Old 06-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #42
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
Absolutely! But if you do you don’t have the right to not be criticized or YOUR BELIEF to be questioned or criticized and then act like your feelings are hurt because someone doesn’t believe in your invisible friend and what the both of you think is right or wrong
You sound as if you want to have a discussion or debate, then make an insulting comment about an imaginary friend.
I am sorry for what you seemed to have gone through. However, what you’ve seen and experienced is not what Jesus taught.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 06-11-2019 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:07 PM   #43
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Quote:

God Bless you.
Fact and Faith are polar. You may believe that Your Faith is fact but that does not make it a fact to others. That is why it is a belief system.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #44
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca County

Quote:
...Not everyone believes as he does but he has no problem condemning people to hell based on his belief. And what if he is wrong!!!...
So you are offended....because Mr. Charlie has condemned you to a place...that you do not believe exists? ummm....ok

Quote:
Absolutely! But if you do you donít have the right to not be criticized or YOUR BELIEF to be questioned or criticized and then act like your feelings are hurt because someone doesnít believe in your invisible friend and what the both of you think is right or wrong
you do know how absolutely hypocritical you sound up on that high horse, right?
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #45
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Fact and Faith are polar. You may believe that Your Faith is fact but that does not make it a fact to others. That is why it is a belief system.
Even non-believers exhibit faith in their non-belief.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:33 PM   #46
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

I think the OK truck owner is showing a bizarre display of passive aggressive of their personal dogma...it doesn't help or hurt whatever cause / angle they want to support??

Personally, I think it's useless...just causing havoc of the same chatter none of us will change our views of so meh. Stupid.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #47
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Prove that his faith is merely a belief and only then is that a fact...currently both ends of the argument (yours and his) are merely beliefs by your reasoning.

To prove that his belief in a god is false you must prove the nonexistence of god...good luck.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #48
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

First of all I DID NOT CONDEMN anyone to any place. The Holy Bible I read and study which I BELIEVE is the Word of God Almighty. God is the one who condemns, NOT ME! I have no right and quite the opposite, it is my burden to do my best to prevent such a condemnation. God's word does not go out and come back to Him unfulfilled and empty. All I did was put God's Word out for those interested could see it.

And yes, it is a "belief" system... I have a reasonable level of intelligence and I have studied science, other religions, history and such, and I have come to the conclusion that we indeed originated by a Creator God and not from some slime that somehow evolved into a living man with a soul...
I don't intend to argue with you guys or anyone over it. For **** sure you won't change my mind, and Passifist, you are the one who hurled the insults. Not me. I responded to this thread because the OP asked for input. I gave mine. I didn't give mine by condemning anyone, you or anyone else. I can honestly say that I have a love for you as a creation of God, but I despise your sinfulness... There's not a thing I can do about that other than when asked, deliver the Word of God that has been presented to me. I can tell you, It is capable of giving you peace in your soul... maybe you are already at peace, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet no way in hell.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:28 PM   #49
MadHatter
Ten Point

It's everyone's life to live as they see fit, period.
The only exception being crimes of a moral turpitude.

Nobody cares about any other religion, in the entire world, except their own. There are over 5000.
They are all 100% right.
Think about the odds of that
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #50
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Let it go brother...the drive by / passive aggressive comments are meant to get a rise. Anytime someone uses Santa or the Easter Bunny to compare faith in the same breath is working an angle to get under your skin.

Really doesn't matter, the dates they write on their checks or comment the date they were born, married or otherwise are all evolved around Christ's birth / death...there is nothing they can escape or call a fairytale about that fact. The birth / death of Christ and what we use for following history of time are encapsulated & fact you will forever have in your quiver.

How do you date history's timeline & what is it based on?? The birth / death of Christ...best fairy tale / selling book of all time & there is nothing anyone can say to diminish this particular fact. So many make fun & call it all a fairytale but yet STILL exchange CHRISTmas presents & celebrate with their family?? Why?? New years fireworks evolves around Him weather they want to acknowledge or not.

The rest is semantics to some degree or another...fact is the world's history and how we date it about His existence cannot be excused, so in THAT FACT, be filled with joy. You win!!

Quote:
First of all I DID NOT CONDEMN anyone to any place. The Holy Bible I read and study which I BELIEVE is the Word of God Almighty. God is the one who condemns, NOT ME! I have no right and quite the opposite, it is my burden to do my best to prevent such a condemnation. God's word does not go out and come back to Him unfulfilled and empty. All I did was put God's Word out for those interested could see it.

And yes, it is a "belief" system... I have a reasonable level of intelligence and I have studied science, other religions, history and such, and I have come to the conclusion that we indeed originated by a Creator God and not from some slime that somehow evolved into a living man with a soul...
I don't intend to argue with you guys or anyone over it. For **** sure you won't change my mind, and Passifist, you are the one who hurled the insults. Not me. I responded to this thread because the OP asked for input. I gave mine. I didn't give mine by condemning anyone, you or anyone else. I can honestly say that I have a love for you as a creation of God, but I despise your sinfulness... There's not a thing I can do about that other than when asked, deliver the Word of God that has been presented to me. I can tell you, It is capable of giving you peace in your soul... maybe you are already at peace, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet no way in hell.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top