normandy june 6 1944

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

normandy june 6 1944

thanking all who served. colonel George a. taylor 16th infantry regiment.His famous quote from Omaha Beach:
    "There are two kinds of people who are staying on this beach: those who are dead and those who are going to die. Now let’s get the hell out of here."

From one veteran to the rest, Thank You.

Comment

Day of Days, Operation Overlord, Operation Neptune, Omaha Beach, Utah Beach, Gold Beach, Sword Beach, Juno Beach. Those men that stormed those beaches saved the world. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Amazing soldiers. May they Rest In Peace. God bless all who served

Comment

Thank you to all who served

Comment

Thank you for your sacrifice, sirs!

Comment

God Bless the Greatest Generation!
                Thanks to all who have served.

Comment

Thanks to all who went into what many thought was a suicide mission, and it was the last for too many of them. I can't imagine the fortitude that it took to hit that beach, but we owe every one of them all of the gratitude of a nation.

Comment

Incredible men they were, may they rest in peace. From one Vet to another, I thank you!

Comment

My wife’s grandpa was in D DAY, and landed as a major, and by after the battle of the bulge
                      Was a colonel, he never talked about any of his service, so no one has any idea what unit or any action he saw except that he would never drive any germane made automobile
                      Or would vacation in Europe with the family ( and hated all German and French)
                      I wish I could find a way to look up his servce records on line , all we know is he had Two bronze stars and some campaign medals .
                      He sounds like a really tough guy who went through some totally tough combat lucky to survive

Comment

I hope we never forget their sacrifice. H-Minus.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          My wife’s grandpa was in D DAY, and landed as a major, and by after the battle of the bulge
                          Was a colonel, he never talked about any of his service, so no one has any idea what unit or any action he saw except that he would never drive any germane made automobile
                          Or would vacation in Europe with the family ( and hated all German and French)
                          I wish I could find a way to look up his servce records on line , all we know is he had Two bronze stars and some campaign medals .
                          He sounds like a really tough guy who went through some totally tough combat lucky to survive

Try this link..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you to the greatest generation!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Granddad was a part of the Normady Invasion 82nd Airborne PIR

Comment

Working...
                              X