No announcement yet.

Canton, Wills Point, Quitman, Kemp and all others in these areas this afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canton, Wills Point, Quitman, Kemp and all others in these areas this afternoon

Hope everyone rode the afternoon storms out with minimal damage

Lots of rotation, one confirmed tornado near Canton

All stayed west of me and tracked NE

Just getting rain here

We made it through safe and sound at my house here in Canton. Did get to see one that they didnt report east of town lift up off the ground about a half mile from the house. Got a short video of it after it had lifted up. Before I could get my phone out there was debris sucking up into it. Cant get the video to load up says it's too big

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Canton 19 and 64
      Attached Files

Comment

Sirens sounded twice. Saw 2 wall clouds and lots of rotation but luckily no high winds in quitman. The rain though.... I don’t know how many inches we’ve got.... but I know how many we needed.

Never in my 40 years have I seen this much water

Comment

Pouring in LaRue now! Wind is swirling and I hate storms like this at night.

Comment

The lightning was what we were surprised by. After the one tornado passed through canton we had the cell that hit Wills Point pass right by our house near 20. The lightning was wicked. I had to give our dog a pill. We’ve got 2.1 inches of rain so far. Glad everyone is ok.

Comment

I got an 1” from first cell at 4:00 in less than 20 minutes

My yard is 4” in most places and it drains well... I’m sure roads are closed now. I’ll know tomorrow but I’m sure at my house we’ve got 5”+ already and another big system is just getting started. Don’t know how much more I can take before flooding... but I may find out

Uncle

Comment

I was off 198 just south of 243. Next to the new Aaron's store.
                I watched several clouds start to swirl.
                One was over the old Nursing Home. The other was behind the Gun Shop.

I did snap this picture. I was standing by the road looking NE.

Comment

I have lost some trees. One in the front yard.

Neighbor lost a bunch.

Comment

I have not walked all of the fences yet but as far as I know we escaped any damage. Had a couple of tornadoes pass to the south and east of us. All in all I think we are good.

-john
                    Last edited by TX_Hoghunter; 05-30-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Video is still not wanting to load but here are a couple of pictures I got. We live right off of 64 east of 243 just a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

yea i work in canton things got real for a little bit here

Comment

Any damage in Wills Point ? My aunt is working hard to get her dealership built.

Comment

At some point I over ran my 6” gauge last night. Lost a tree in back yard to rain. No wind at all. Lost lots of electric fences due to flooding. Honestly found catfish in hay meadow this morning

Comment

At some point I over ran my 6” gauge last night. Lost a tree in back yard to rain. No wind at all. Lost lots of electric fences due to flooding. Honestly found catfish in hay meadow this morning

Comment

Working...
                              X