Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2019, 04:42 PM   #51
Rcole1310
Eight Point
 
Rcole1310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy,TX
Hunt In: Brackettville,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
.

The ones who sit in the middle rarely make a difference about anything in life because they seldom have a conviction strong enough to make them rise up and make a stand.


The ones who sit in the middle are called swing voters. The reason why most campaign time and resources are spent on them is because they DO make a difference. The reason theyíre called swing voters is because they can go either way. Theyíre not intractable. Check RCP. The numbers show that Trump has a problem with these folks. All Iím saying is, if heís smart, heíll do what he can to fix his unlikables if he cares about winning the next election. Have some freaking discipline. Strategic kindness. He had the perfect opportunity last week to make Pelosi and the Dems look like fools regarding the infrastructure bill, but he went in there and gave the the ammo they needed to feed to the MSM. The truth is he barely won against one of the most disliked, polarizing figures in recent political history. It ainít gonna be that easy this go around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 05:01 PM   #52
Rcole1310
Eight Point
 
Rcole1310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy,TX
Hunt In: Brackettville,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post

I can see how the brash NYC macho lowlife card can be played on Trump, but the real middle of the road folks are smart enough to see a few crass twitter comments arent exactly in the same stratosphere as trying to steal an election, then covering it up, and probably killing a few people along the way.


Bro... if you go and ask the average VOTER to explain to you how the Dems tried to steal the election. Iíll buy you a beer if 2 of 10 can explain it to you. But if you ask them ďwho said he likes to grab women by the *****?Ē I bet everyone of them can tell you. Thatís the problem with the echo chamber. Folks that post on political chats and watch cable news every night think that everyone is up to speed also. Trust me, they ainít! Theyíre watching dancing with the stars and looking at Facebook. Not saying that makes all the difference but it makes some. I voted for the guy, but heís his own worst enemy. Too much hubris and pride to look within and fix things. A little Proverbs 16:18 would help him AND the country.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 05:13 PM   #53
ttechdallas
Eight Point
 
ttechdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Colleyville
Hunt In: Atoka County, OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
The ones who sit in the middle are called swing voters. The reason why most campaign time and resources are spent on them is because they DO make a difference. The reason theyíre called swing voters is because they can go either way. Theyíre not intractable. Check RCP. The numbers show that Trump has a problem with these folks. All Iím saying is, if heís smart, heíll do what he can to fix his unlikables if he cares about winning the next election. Have some freaking discipline. Strategic kindness. He had the perfect opportunity last week to make Pelosi and the Dems look like fools regarding the infrastructure bill, but he went in there and gave the the ammo they needed to feed to the MSM. The truth is he barely won against one of the most disliked, polarizing figures in recent political history. It ainít gonna be that easy this go around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this is spot on. Trump is his own worst enemy because he has no discipline and his ego overrides his common sense at every turn.

He blew his own wall deal early on when he backed off his agreement that would have secured wall funds while resolving DACA. He blew the mid-terms for Republicans because he couldn't stay on message about the economy, instead raging on about the wall that he could have already had funding for. It goes on and on, including the craziness last week with the infrastructure deal - that was absurd and yet the Trump lovers cheered on.

I'm not a Trump hater. But I call bull hockey on the "let Trump be Trump" defense. His comments and behaviors are so idiotic I am beginning to think he really doesn't want to get re-elected.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 05:22 PM   #54
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
I bet everyone of them can tell you.
And I bet every one of them can tell me, at this point, what difference it makes?

I looked, rather briefly admittedly. But I still would wager that the majority of TBHers were NOT Trump supporters in 2016. I didnt really find the facts that I was looking for, but I did find this gem from Ttech. He was pretty spot on the money back in 2016, not sure what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
Trump will win. The Democratic party has taken the African American and Hispanic communities for granted for years now, stoking the flames of racism while actually delivering nothing. Trump has plenty of time to get his message out there of job growth and opportunity and pull some of that vote to him.

Even the majority of Dems acknowledge Hillary is dishonest. Trump may be an a____ at times but when it comes to whether you would rather have an a_______ as pres or serial lying criminal, more will go for the former.

Between Wall Street's millions to HRC for speeches and all the money raked into the Clinton Foundation while she was Sec-Treas from companies, it will be so obvious she is in the tank for big money that the majority of Bernie supporters will either sit out or vote Trump.

That is my prediction.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 05:45 PM   #55
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Think what you will but the things Trump says and tweets has far less lunacy to it than what the MSM spouts out daily hour by hour or what most of the democrats say and do on a constant daily basis. Trump just puts things in simple in your face terms that even the smallest of minds can understand. That's why there are so many of those that stand with him. It's what won him the election in 2016 and will win it for him again in 2020. Now those of you suffering from TDS will just have to endure or go jump off a bridge.
MAGA
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 05:50 PM   #56
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
I disagree. The avg trump supporter are tax paying citizens who are tired of the political correctness run amuck. They are tired of the tuck your tail, walk it back apologist who won't stand up for anything or to anyone for fear of being minimized or getting bad polling which in itself is a farce these day. They support Trump because he is real and isn't afraid to say the things that need to be said and he has proven that he is a fighter who will not go quietly into the night.

The ones who sit in the middle rarely make a difference about anything in life because they seldom have a conviction strong enough to make them rise up and make a stand.

The haters hate him because he has stood his ground and challenged them. He refuses to sit down and shut up as he is told. He has struck fear in the heart of the leftist and their grasp on so many things is slipping from their hands. They are at the point that there is little if anything that they won't say or do to keep the status quo.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk


I just hope Trump is holding back, way back, in order to get re-elected. Then he can unleash Hades on many people without fear.

And because some jackwagon will ask....I'm talking about lazy bums on welfare, POS people who commit crimes, dirty politicians etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
On the money. Trump supporter here, and I donít agree with everything ANYONE says or does. The man ran on a platform and has made every attempt at actually DOING WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD. Iím sick of hearing people whine about him not being presidential. God gave us the president this country so badly needed. If youíre looking for your morality example in your President then youíre lose.
No other POTUS has even come within 100 country miles of trying to keep their promises like Trump has.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 06:17 PM   #57
ttechdallas
Eight Point
 
ttechdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Colleyville
Hunt In: Atoka County, OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Trump just puts things in simple in your face terms that even the smallest of minds can understand. That's why there are so many of those that stand with him. It's what won him the election in 2016 and will win it for him again in 2020. Now those of you suffering from TDS will just have to endure or go jump off a bridge.
MAGA
That is a very telling comment. There isn't a significant political issue facing this country that isn't extremely complicated and doesn't have legitimate arguments on both sides. Not a single one and when Trump dumbs his argument down so that even the smallest minds that agree with him can understand, he is being divisive. Just like Obama did every time he did the same thing - Republicans don't want you to have insurance, don't want to pay their fair share, want to control your (women's) reproductive rights, blah, blah, blah.

We had 8 years of a president who basically vilified everyone critical of or against his policies. He did enormous damage to the political discourse in this country. So now Trump does the same thing and I'll be ****ed if I'll cheer him on. He barely won in 2016 and instead of doing anything that would win over more voters for 2020, he would rather have his ego stoked by those who celebrate his juvenile attacks and arguments. The only way he gets re-elected is if the Dems nominate someone left of Biden. Otherwise, he is toast.

As for the reference to "those of you suffering TDS", I looked back through this entire post and did not see those. So if you are suggesting that those who don't wildly cheer this president's behavior as having TDS, then you are seeing first hand just how divisive he is.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #58
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
Trump 2020. MAGA forever. Some of you liberal pundits on here need to provide facts to back up your disdain for where we are as a country. Great economy, unemployment at record lows FOR EVERY RACE and COLOR, respect from our rivals and so on! Lets hear it. FACTS!
FACTS???? Ppfft.. Who needs facts?? SMH.
It wouldn't matter if the man cured cancer the haters will still hate..
I'm a die hard Trump supporter but I'm not "dug in".. I'll be the first to bust his chops as soon I see him actually do something that I do not agree with..
He can act and talk like a idiot all day long so long as he gets the job done.. The man has the best interest of this country at heart and that is priority #1 and few can argue that..
I would take 1 straight talking, squirrely Trump over 3 double talking, lying, greedy, sellout Bush's.. Trump is the best thing to happen to DC and this country in 30+ years!!! If not longer..
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 06:32 PM   #59
Rcole1310
Eight Point
 
Rcole1310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy,TX
Hunt In: Brackettville,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
Trump 2020. MAGA forever. Some of you liberal pundits on here need to provide facts to back up your disdain for where we are as a country. Great economy, unemployment at record lows FOR EVERY RACE and COLOR, respect from our rivals and so on! Lets hear it. FACTS!

Facts:
1) I canít speak for everyone but Iím no liberal pundit.
2) Iím certainly donít have disdain for where we are as a country. Personally I think Trump has done a decent job.
3) We are far from the election. Anything can happen.
4) Right now Trump has a disapproval rating of 51% with likely voters.
5) His Approval ratings are consistently in the low/mid 40ís. Obamaís approval rating was 53 on Gallup going into 2012 election. However, Obamaís were also typically in the high 40ís.
6) Fox News has Joe Biden with a double digit lead on Trump. Biden leads in every legit poll of likely voters.
7) Polls also had HRC winning, so thereís that.
8) Most people did not vote for Trump. Obviously the electoral college is what matters, but popular vote creates momentum for mid-terms.
Opinion based on observation:
If Joe doesnít keel over...odds are heís going to give Trump one heck of a run. And people actually LIKE Biden. He will make a play for the mid-western blue collar white male. The very folks that HRC lost.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 06:37 PM   #60
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
Facts:
1) I canít speak for everyone but Iím no liberal pundit.
2) Iím certainly donít have disdain for where we are as a country. Personally I think Trump has done a decent job.
3) We are far from the election. Anything can happen.
4) Right now Trump has a disapproval rating of 51% with likely voters.
5) His Approval ratings are consistently in the low/mid 40ís. Obamaís approval rating was 53 on Gallup going into 2012 election. However, Obamaís were also typically in the high 40ís.
6) Fox News has Joe Biden with a double digit lead on Trump. Biden leads in every legit poll of likely voters.
7) Polls also had HRC winning, so thereís that.
8) Most people did not vote for Trump. Obviously the electoral college is what matters, but popular vote creates momentum for mid-terms.
Opinion based on observation:
If Joe doesnít keel over...odds are heís going to give Trump one heck of a run. And people actually LIKE Biden. He will make a play for the mid-western blue collar white male. The very folks that HRC lost.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are not facts. Those are CNN talking points.. Lol Opinion based talking points at that..
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 07:05 PM   #61
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Some china shops need a bull to come in and smash the nonsense left behind by the previous occupant.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 07:32 PM   #62
Rcole1310
Eight Point
 
Rcole1310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy,TX
Hunt In: Brackettville,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Those are not facts. Those are CNN talking points.. Lol Opinion based talking points at that..


Wait... youíre pranking me right? A little bit of time and effort on google will show you that these are facts. The approval/disapproval data: facts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #63
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
Wait... youíre pranking me right? A little bit of time and effort on google will show you that these are facts. The approval/disapproval data: facts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Google is biased in case you didn't know.
Google is turning into the Wikileaks of search engines.

I may be wrong but I believe Trump will wear Joe (Walter...Jeff Dunham) out in ways he can't even imagine or anyone else they put up there. I haven't heard Trump say anything near the level the the Dems have said and continue to say daily.

I will take Trump over anyone else at this point.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 08:08 PM   #64
Rcole1310
Eight Point
 
Rcole1310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy,TX
Hunt In: Brackettville,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
Google is biased in case you didn't know.
Google is turning into the Wikileaks of search engines.

Oh... my bad. I forgot that google could go on individual sites like Fox News, RCP and Gallup poll and alter their content.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 08:13 PM   #65
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
Oh... my bad. I forgot that google could go on individual sites like Fox News, RCP and Gallup poll and alter their content.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know what I'm saying. It does filter results that are biased against conservatives.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 08:24 PM   #66
ttechdallas
Eight Point
 
ttechdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Colleyville
Hunt In: Atoka County, OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
I will take Trump over anyone else at this point.
I think most of us would. It is the bigger picture that I think a lot of you are missing. For all the folks with TDS, there may be just as many with TWS -Trump Worship System.

For 8 years, we had a president whose supporters ignored the lies, dishonesty and deceit of his administration because they agreed with his politics. Those who did take issue were ostracized.

Jump to Trump and look who is doing the same thing. We are. Just look at the inferences within this thread that if you don't worship Trump, you're a hater, have TDS or are a liberal.

God forbid we expect more of the individual who is supposed to represent our views and this country. Trump's antics and behavior is deplorable and undermines our country in so many ways, nationally and internationally.

It goes far deeper than just not acting presidential or not being our moral compass. Seriously, in what universe would the dictator of an enemy country call a long time, respected leader and a candidate for president low IQ and his fellow citizen and actual president publicly agree with, promote and actually praise the enemy foreign leader?

This kind of crap happens almost every day and the TWS people cheer with glee. What makes it worse is that this egomaniac of a leader we have craves these cheers. if they quit cheering and demanded better, I think he would change and quit giving so much ammo to those who do hate him.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 08:54 PM   #67
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Man, y’all have fun with all this
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 07:15 AM   #68
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

TDS is alive and well.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 07:25 AM   #69
MBV77
Ten Point
 
MBV77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Whitesboro, TX.
Hunt In: Clay County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
I think most of us would. It is the bigger picture that I think a lot of you are missing. For all the folks with TDS, there may be just as many with TWS -Trump Worship System.

For 8 years, we had a president whose supporters ignored the lies, dishonesty and deceit of his administration because they agreed with his politics. Those who did take issue were ostracized.

Jump to Trump and look who is doing the same thing. We are. Just look at the inferences within this thread that if you don't worship Trump, you're a hater, have TDS or are a liberal.

God forbid we expect more of the individual who is supposed to represent our views and this country. Trump's antics and behavior is deplorable and undermines our country in so many ways, nationally and internationally.

It goes far deeper than just not acting presidential or not being our moral compass. Seriously, in what universe would the dictator of an enemy country call a long time, respected leader and a candidate for president low IQ and his fellow citizen and actual president publicly agree with, promote and actually praise the enemy foreign leader?

This kind of crap happens almost every day and the TWS people cheer with glee. What makes it worse is that this egomaniac of a leader we have craves these cheers. if they quit cheering and demanded better, I think he would change and quit giving so much ammo to those who do hate him.


Ok, so you donít like the tweets, but what are the lies, dishonesty, and deceit that even remotely compare to the last administration?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #70
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Ha. A Dems are crooked thread is getting redirected into a Trump Worship thread.

The real problem is that TDS was alive and well before Donnie was in the White House. It happened during Barrys tenure. It is what lead the Dems to try to steal the election (both DNC and general). It is what lead to all of the lies afterwards. It is why they think dusting Biden off will lead them to victory in 2020.

Again, I am not a fan of the NYC machismo or spiking the football. But with all that Donald has been put through, I really dont have an issue with him spiking the football and doing an end zone dance. The added TDS that it brings out is just icing on the cake really.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #71
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
That is a very telling comment. There isn't a significant political issue facing this country that isn't extremely complicated and doesn't have legitimate arguments on both sides. Not a single one and when Trump dumbs his argument down so that even the smallest minds that agree with him can understand, he is being divisive. Just like Obama did every time he did the same thing - Republicans don't want you to have insurance, don't want to pay their fair share, want to control your (women's) reproductive rights, blah, blah, blah.

We had 8 years of a president who basically vilified everyone critical of or against his policies. He did enormous damage to the political discourse in this country. So now Trump does the same thing and I'll be ****ed if I'll cheer him on. He barely won in 2016 and instead of doing anything that would win over more voters for 2020, he would rather have his ego stoked by those who celebrate his juvenile attacks and arguments. The only way he gets re-elected is if the Dems nominate someone left of Biden. Otherwise, he is toast.

As for the reference to "those of you suffering TDS", I looked back through this entire post and did not see those. So if you are suggesting that those who don't wildly cheer this president's behavior as having TDS, then you are seeing first hand just how divisive he is.
I'd like to hear the "legitimate argument" for lots of things. Abortions when the morning after pill is readily available. Illegal aliens not being booted back across. Free healthcare for people who don't and never plan to work.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 09:11 AM   #72
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

There's a whole bunch of Ron White one liners that some posts in this thread brings to mind including his all time classic. "You just can't fix stupid"

The next time you have a thought... let it go.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 04:53 PM   #73
ttechdallas
Eight Point
 
ttechdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Colleyville
Hunt In: Atoka County, OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
There's a whole bunch of Ron White one liners that some posts in this thread brings to mind including his all time classic. "You just can't fix stupid"

The next time you have a thought... let it go.
I think I have read through all the posts in this thread and I have seen nothing even remotely resembling TDS, pro-liberal or even pro-Democrat. Nada, nothing, zilch. Could it be that the inferences that certain poster(s) suffer from TDS or are apparently too stupid to be fixed because they expect more of the individual leading our country and representing their political party?

The TDS folks sicken me because their contempt of Trump is so warped that not only do they extend their contempt to those who support Trump, they have expanded the definition of Trump supporter to any who disagrees with them that Trump should be impeached. Some are so whacked, theyíre attacking those within their own party who are anti-impeachment.

This should be a golden opportunity for Republicans and the President to expand their/his support, retaining the presidency and regaining control of the house. Unfortunately, we seem to have our own version of TDS Ė one where if you donít worship Trump or are even remotely critical of his leadership, then you are on the other side and it would seem, too stupid to have a thought.

My original post about Trump was that his behavior and antics are doing far more harm than good on multiple fronts. Some here are just proving my point in their haste to categorize anyone with a different perspective as akin to the enemy. Letís see just how exclusive you can make the Republican party and where that gets us in future elections.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 06:25 PM   #74
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
I'd like to hear the "legitimate argument" for lots of things. Abortions when the morning after pill is readily available. Illegal aliens not being booted back across. Free healthcare for people who don't and never plan to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
I think I have read through all the posts in this thread and I have seen nothing even remotely resembling TDS, pro-liberal or even pro-Democrat. Nada, nothing, zilch. Could it be that the inferences that certain poster(s) suffer from TDS or are apparently too stupid to be fixed because they expect more of the individual leading our country and representing their political party?

The TDS folks sicken me because their contempt of Trump is so warped that not only do they extend their contempt to those who support Trump, they have expanded the definition of Trump supporter to any who disagrees with them that Trump should be impeached. Some are so whacked, theyíre attacking those within their own party who are anti-impeachment.

This should be a golden opportunity for Republicans and the President to expand their/his support, retaining the presidency and regaining control of the house. Unfortunately, we seem to have our own version of TDS Ė one where if you donít worship Trump or are even remotely critical of his leadership, then you are on the other side and it would seem, too stupid to have a thought.

My original post about Trump was that his behavior and antics are doing far more harm than good on multiple fronts. Some here are just proving my point in their haste to categorize anyone with a different perspective as akin to the enemy. Letís see just how exclusive you can make the Republican party and where that gets us in future elections.
I guess you skimmed over the above post when you went back and read them all so Iím bringing it back up. Thanks.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 09:28 PM   #75
ttechdallas
Eight Point
 
ttechdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Colleyville
Hunt In: Atoka County, OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
I guess you skimmed over the above post when you went back and read them all so Iím bringing it back up. Thanks.
Where does the RiverRat1 post fit in the context of my post and that I must have skimmed over it? It doesn't even remotely fit the criteria I described.

He disagreed with me that that are legitimate arguments on both sides of two issues. He has every right to think that and I'm not going to waste his time or mine trying to change his mind. I may disagree with those arguments myself.

I'm not judging him for his views nor did I perceive him as judging mine. There shouldn't be anything wrong with disagreement and debate.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 10:52 PM   #76
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

You're missing the "debate" part of the equation.
You stated "There isn't a significant political issue facing this country that isn't extremely complicated and doesn't have legitimate arguments on both sides".
He then replied "I'd like to hear the "legitimate argument" for lots of things".
Your rebuttal is?
I'm only asking because I would like to know what they are as well.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 11:13 PM   #77
clffrdfdge
Ten Point
 
clffrdfdge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Texas
Hunt In: Kempner Texas, Bandera Area
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
Facts:
1) I canít speak for everyone but Iím no liberal pundit.
2) Iím certainly donít have disdain for where we are as a country. Personally I think Trump has done a decent job.
3) We are far from the election. Anything can happen.
4) Right now Trump has a disapproval rating of 51% with likely voters.
5) His Approval ratings are consistently in the low/mid 40ís. Obamaís approval rating was 53 on Gallup going into 2012 election. However, Obamaís were also typically in the high 40ís.
6) Fox News has Joe Biden with a double digit lead on Trump. Biden leads in every legit poll of likely voters.
7) Polls also had HRC winning, so thereís that.
8) Most people did not vote for Trump. Obviously the electoral college is what matters, but popular vote creates momentum for mid-terms.
Opinion based on observation:
If Joe doesnít keel over...odds are heís going to give Trump one heck of a run. And people actually LIKE Biden. He will make a play for the mid-western blue collar white male. The very folks that HRC lost.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^ I donít believe these bias polls, who are they really polling?
clffrdfdge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 11:54 PM   #78
ttechdallas
Eight Point
 
ttechdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Colleyville
Hunt In: Atoka County, OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
You're missing the "debate" part of the equation.
You stated "There isn't a significant political issue facing this country that isn't extremely complicated and doesn't have legitimate arguments on both sides".
He then replied "I'd like to hear the "legitimate argument" for lots of things".
Your rebuttal is?
I'm only asking because I would like to know what they are as well.
There is no need for a rebuttal. None of them are secret. It comes down to whether you are willing to acknowledge them or not. I'm talking about the wedge issues that both parties use to motivate their bases to come out and vote for their candidate to prevent the hell that the other side will bring if their candidate wins.

It is easier to ignore those arguments when you're convinced the other side is evil or stupid. Both sides do it. The left has historically been much worse but we're heading that direction too.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2019, 07:33 AM   #79
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
You're missing the "debate" part of the equation.
You stated "There isn't a significant political issue facing this country that isn't extremely complicated and doesn't have legitimate arguments on both sides".
He then replied "I'd like to hear the "legitimate argument" for lots of things".
Your rebuttal is?
I'm only asking because I would like to know what they are as well.
I only wanted to see one legitimate argument the liberals have.

We've come to the point where facts, math, and logic are not allowed. Only "opinions" LOL
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2019, 08:11 AM   #80
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
I only wanted to see one legitimate argument the liberals have.

We've come to the point where facts, math, and logic are not allowed. Only "opinions" LOL
Donít forget about ďfeelings.Ē Liberal logic is feelings>facts.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2019, 08:21 AM   #81
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
I only wanted to see one legitimate argument the liberals have.

We've come to the point where facts, math, and logic are not allowed. Only "opinions" LOL
The lack of morals, logic, and just plane old common sense, by the LEFT, is the root of 80% of the INTERNAL problems/issues that are destroying this country.. Greed covers the other 20%.. It's just that simple.
No one can argue that. Not possible..
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2019, 08:52 AM   #82
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

A liberal's DNA only has 36 genes. #37 is missing. It's the common sense gene. If you have all 37 genes in your DNA then you are a conservative whether you know it or not. Go get yourself checked.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #83
ttechdallas
Eight Point
 
ttechdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Colleyville
Hunt In: Atoka County, OK
Default

Ignorance is a choice. If you want to ignore or de-legitimize the opinions or positions you disagree on the basis of your judgment of their character or motives, then you are just fueling the ever growing divide between the right and the left.

But if you need an actual example so you can control your laughing out loud, try these on for size.

It is a legitimate argument against abortion that it is a barbaric, inhumane process that should rarely be used. It is a legitimate argument that it is the woman's body and she should have the choice.

It is an ignorant argument that if you are anti-abortion you really just want to control a woman's reproductive rights. It is an ignorant argument that people who believe it is a woman's choice are advocating murder.

It is a legitimate argument that if a girl is raped and impregnated, she should not have the choice of terminating that pregnancy.

I could go on and on with others but it doesn't matter because too many folks on both sides have de legitimized opposing arguments in favor of their preferred judgment.

Let's face it, the left no longer has a monopoly on intolerance. It is on full display here. Just a criticism of Trump is enough to invoke accusations of TDS or being a liberal.

Sorry but I am tired of that mentality. If people are really so ignorant and judgmental that they can't process a criticism or opposing position from within their own side without categorizing the holder as being from the opposition camp, that is on them.

As I said before, let's see how exclusive you can make the Republican party and how that serves us going forward. Wait, can I say "us"? Sorry if I offended someone. I'll still vote Republican. I'll just avoid those who think like some of you.

Have a nice day. I'm heading out to the lease to do some work and see some critters.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #84
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
The lack of morals, logic, and just plane old common sense, by the LEFT, is the root of 80% of the INTERNAL problems/issues that are destroying this country.. Greed covers the other 20%.. It's just that simple.
No one can argue that. Not possible..
I beg to differ. Someone will argue that.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2019, 09:10 AM   #85
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
Ignorance is a choice. If you want to ignore or de-legitimize the opinions or positions you disagree on the basis of your judgment of their character or motives, then you are just fueling the ever growing divide between the right and the left.

But if you need an actual example so you can control your laughing out loud, try these on for size.

It is a legitimate argument against abortion that it is a barbaric, inhumane process that should rarely be used. It is a legitimate argument that it is the woman's body and she should have the choice.

It is an ignorant argument that if you are anti-abortion you really just want to control a woman's reproductive rights. It is an ignorant argument that people who believe it is a woman's choice are advocating murder.

It is a legitimate argument that if a girl is raped and impregnated, she should not have the choice of terminating that pregnancy.

I could go on and on with others but it doesn't matter because too many folks on both sides have de legitimized opposing arguments in favor of their preferred judgment.

Let's face it, the left no longer has a monopoly on intolerance. It is on full display here. Just a criticism of Trump is enough to invoke accusations of TDS or being a liberal.

Sorry but I am tired of that mentality. If people are really so ignorant and judgmental that they can't process a criticism or opposing position from within their own side without categorizing the holder as being from the opposition camp, that is on them.

As I said before, let's see how exclusive you can make the Republican party and how that serves us going forward. Wait, can I say "us"? Sorry if I offended someone. I'll still vote Republican. I'll just avoid those who think like some of you.

Have a nice day. I'm heading out to the lease to do some work and see some critters.
Is abortion killing a living baby? yes or no.
If someone kills a pregnant woman are they charged with two counts of murder?

I understand where your post was trying to head. Pick just one debate and we can show you how liberals are 20x more twisted in their logic nearly every time just like in the abortion debate.

So stop posting long winded replies and pick the next debate.

And BTW- sure we have become intolerant to liberals. They're freaking crazy and never bend. What else is there to do?
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com