How To Be A Successful Still Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
    There is a guy in Maryland that doesn't hunt.His objective is to still hunt close enough to touch a deer.He is amazing.
    any links? More info?

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
      Nice write up.
      x2

Comment

Thanks for the tips/refresher

Comment

I have never been very good at still hunting. I guess I lack the patience, plus I'm kinda clumsy and make a lot of noise. After reading this, I'm gonna have to give it another try.

Comment

good writeup. hunted this way twice last season, 12 yards on illegal buck (ouch), 30 yard on 3 does that busted me when i stepped on twigs..(ouch).. fun way to hunt though, cant wait til october!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
              There is a guy in Maryland that doesn't hunt.His objective is to still hunt close enough to touch a deer.He is amazing.
              Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
              any links? More info?
              I remember reading about this man years ago and had forgotten where he was from. He will cover himself with mud to help camouflage himself and also for cover scent. He will spend hours inching thru the woods, moving just inches at a time. If I remember right, he did all of this barefooted. His goal is to try to touch the deer. One story he, he plucked a few hairs from the tail of a doe. Yes, there were pics to back it up by the author of the article. The author was a good ways away and had pics of him slipping up on the deer and when the deer spooked off, the man stood there holding a couple of hairs in his fingertips.

I'll do some looking and see what I find out...

Comment

Good read

Comment

Great write up.

Comment

Working...
                  X