First WT fawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First WT fawn

We saw our first WT fawn this past Friday on our place in Rusk county. Lots of does that look like footballs should be a good crop this year and good fawn cover too.

Also, snared a yote trying to come under the fence using a armadillo hole. No fawns for him.

At the house.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great to hear Rick! Setting a few snares myself this week in hopes to clear a few yotes! Fawns dropping all over around here both inside and outside the high fence.

Comment

Early last week after the storm.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good deal, Jason.

Everyone LOVES the antler Christmas tree! Thanks again!
          If, I could post pics, I would have put it on here. lol

Comment

I saw my first one week before last and 2nd one last week

Unfortunately they were both dead on the road

Love to see the live ones

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
              Good deal, Jason.

Everyone LOVES the antler Christmas tree! Thanks again!
              If, I could post pics, I would have put it on here. lol
              You can always send to me and I will post.

Great to hear that everyone likes the tree!

Comment

Most all of the doe around our place had their fawns three to four weeks ago. There was only one left that had not had her fawn, I think she has finally had her fawn. They have had them well hidden for weeks. Finally one of the doe brought her fawn up to the yard last week. She only did so once, she has not brought the fawn back since. I figure another week and the doe will start taking their fawns out with them, when they go looking for food.

This little one has two speeds, run and stop. It would run around in circles for a while, then stop and eat, then just take off running again and run and run, then stop. It was hard to get pictures of it.
                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 07-13-2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

A buddy of mine that lives just of the Guadalupe on 281 had two does park their fawns right beside his house. He can pet one of them. Crazy that they know he won’t bother them.

Comment

Ran past a doe last week that was in the process of dropping a fawn near Addicks Reservoir in Houston. Threw me off because my folks said fawns had dropped weeks ago by them. I guess here it's not too late.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      Ran past a doe last week that was in the process of dropping a fawn near Addicks Reservoir in Houston. Threw me off because my folks said fawns had dropped weeks ago by them. I guess here it's not too late.
                      Not all does breed the first/primary rut and not all deer go into rut at the same time either so it is possible for fawns to be spread out over 2 months or more

I remember someone shooting a doe in Dec that had a nearly full term fawn on board.

That would throw me a curve for sure

Comment

Great seeing the next generation of deer.

Comment

Our fawns are eating corn already.....

Comment

Working...
                          X