Anyone else shocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wakehunter View Post
    We contacted a company that finds actual comps in your area and goes to court on your behalf. They got our tax rate reduced from 145k to 108k. I paid them 99$. I ended up saving $700.00 before paying the 99$.
    Mind sharing their info?

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
      23.3% increase in value in one year. They are crooks.
      if you have a homestead exemption, they cannot raise it more than 10% annually. ( my understanding)

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Mind sharing their info?
        Yes please share.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

So mine in Cedar Park went down but my ranch in Rocksprings went up like 38%!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope mine stayed the same

Comment

Our appraisal went up $17,000 with no improvements in Polk County but our tax rate is pretty low compared to a lot of places. The county actually has mine valued at about what I could sell it for, which is unusual. Usually the county appraisal is considerably lower than what the actual market value is from my past experience.

Comment

I fought mine this year and saved me $400.00. I used a third party to protest them on my behalf. I was hoping that this would go back to previous years too but there is a statue of limitation or something that would not allow. I made the mistake of not fighting the tax man and will now continue to fight them from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                X