Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-30-2019, 08:32 AM   #101
Roscoe
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coryell County
Default Heart Attack Symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineywoods View Post
At Northeast now...
I’m glad to read this. I survived a heart attack 6 years ago...in spite of my own stupidity. Little different story/symptoms than mine, but same in general.

ER Doctor told me, “We hear this all the time with heart attack patients” in response to me ignoring symptoms. And then with a wink he said, “Of course that’s just with the people we actually get to talk to.”

My heart attack was caused by one of the lesser arteries being 100% blocked. My LAD was also 90% blocked...ticking time bomb.
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #102
Raleigh
Ten Point

Oh my lord this read like a dang soap opera. Praying for you brother.
Raleigh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 08:58 AM   #103
Pineywoods
Ten Point

Hunt In: Elkhart, Splendora, Laneville & Throckmorton

EKG looked normal. Just took blood and did x-ray... blood pressure was 192/112 when I got here. It's dropped to 184/104.
Pineywoods is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 09:05 AM   #104
Hoss163
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma

O my 192 . My Dr about had a fit when mine was at 154 last time I went to the Dr .
Hoss163 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 09:06 AM   #105
Horn a holic
Eight Point

Hunt In: Antlers, Oklahoma

Glad your getting seen by a Dr. Best of luck to you!
Horn a holic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 09:22 AM   #106
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bastrop

Prayers brother!
solocam_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #107
JayB
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cass County

Well that ain't much drop. Having chest pains still? Nitro paste or tablet given to ya yet?
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 09:31 AM   #108
Pineywoods
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Well that ain't much drop. Having chest pains still? Nitro paste or tablet given to ya yet?
Just gave me nitro and aspirin
Old 04-30-2019, 09:40 AM   #109
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

WOW!! I just read thru this whole thread and I was almost verbally shouting at my computer screen to GET UR ARSE TO THE ER!!! Sure glad you did. Very likely it saved your life!

Lord, You know this man, and You know he knows You... I ask You Lord heal him and show him that running from You is not the way to serve You. Thank You for sparing him to this point, but in Your healing convict him and make him strong for You Lord. Please allow him to use his great gifts from You to bring those who are lost to You. Give his family strength as they stand by him. I lift him up to You for total and complete healing both physically and spiritually in the precious and powerful name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

Will be following along on this thread for updates and waiting on a praise report!!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 09:43 AM   #110
Killer
Ten Point

Hunt In: God's green earth

Prayers up for you! Hope they find out what is wrong and quick recovery!
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 09:49 AM   #111
JayB
Ten Point

Now the headache...that Nitro gives you a headache UNLESS they give you some fluids in your IV. Be sure to tell them if your head feels like it will explode.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:52 AM   #112
Pineywoods
Ten Point

Quote:
Now the headache...that Nitro gives you a headache UNLESS they give you some fluids in your IV. Be sure to tell them if your head feels like it will explode.
Yes. Immediate bad headache after nitro. It is better now. They have me on fluids too. Shoulder and chest pain is still there but intermittent.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:56 AM   #113
17ncs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.

Continued prayers.
17ncs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #114
Pineywoods
Ten Point

They said second EKG and labs look ok.. but they want to move me from the ER room to a private room and let a cardiologist look at me. Said they need an echo?

Last edited by Pineywoods; 04-30-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:11 AM   #115
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Echocardiogram like a sonogram of the heart it’s not a bad thing sounds like they just want to take a good look at everything

Last edited by Jcjohnson; 04-30-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #116
sweldo73
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Augustine / Sabine Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
Echocardiogram just a more invasive test it’s not a bad thing sounds like they just want to take a good look at everything
Echo is not typically considered invasive, unless they want to do transesophageal. Probably not the case here.
sweldo73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #117
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCulloch County

Quote:
They said second EKG and labs look ok.. but they want to move me from the ER room to a private room and let a cardiologist look at me. Said they need an echo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
Echocardiogram just a more invasive test it’s not a bad thing sounds like they just want to take a good look at everything
Not invasive, more comprehensive. It's like an ultrasound of the heart..
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #118
JayB
Ten Point

Echo is not near as much fun as a Cardiac Cath...but a lot less $$$ and no potential bleed out

Instead of being without your shorts, you only have to lose your shirt.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #119
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCulloch County

Quote:
Echo is not near as much fun as a Cardiac Cath...but a lot less $$$ and no potential bleed out

Instead of being without your shorts, you only have to lose your shirt.
I can't even count the number of people I have shaved for cath lab! If they're legit, they don't even care...
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:26 AM   #120
Z7X
Ten Point

Hunt In: Moving to Kansas so hopefully there

Quote:
I really don't have a regular doctor to call. I've only been to a regular physician twice since I was in high school and a couple trips to ER over the years to get stitched up. I've avoided doctors like the plague my entire life. Dr Red Duke made a mistake and killed my Grandpa and one of the "so called" best in his field made a mistake and screwed my Dad's heart up during something that was supposed to be routine. I'm as concerned about a Doctor messing with my heart and killing me as I am dying on my own. I know it sounds stupid but I have a deep distrust in hospitals.
Nice knowing you!

Not trying to be a dik but get your *** to the freaking clinic!!!

By my count its about 1000% go to the doctor via the all knowing TBH crew! I can come up with something to assist you if needed or there have been several very good ideas on here for free or cheap checkout. CMON MAN!!! Do you have kids? Do it for them and your wife!!

My dad died suddenly one night when I was 11. He had been told it was nothing to worry about and to keep an eye on it. Well the next one got him and I really wish he was here to meet my wife and my kids. I miss him often and I'm 50 now.

EDIT: Just caught up after my rant. VERY happy to see you went. Prayers sent.

Last edited by Z7X; 04-30-2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Caught up on thread
Z7X is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #121
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYBUCK View Post
Go to a doctor and sign up for some term life insurance. Peace of mind for you on both accounts
x2!

DUDE please go to the doctor ASAP

The list and feelings are 100% the warning signs of a heart attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
Medishare $100/month! I pay $20/month on my sons doctor bills, you can do that! Go see a doctor!
Not true insurance, but it is better then nothing.
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:28 AM   #122
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweldo73 View Post
Echo is not typically considered invasive, unless they want to do transesophageal. Probably not the case here.
10-4, should have googled BEFORE not after I posted . Guess when my dad had his heart attack they must have done the transesophageal one. He was in bad shape though, unconscious and intubated.
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #123
Wylde E
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

I am 31 and had a heart attack couple weeks ago and have no reasons to have had one and I had horrific chest pain and sweat through my clothes like all my clothes were wet. I went in and tested me and have. I have no blockages and no high cholesterol. Thank the Lord I have no permenate damage either. My blood pressure was 137/95.
Wylde E is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:34 AM   #124
Pineywoods
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7X View Post
Nice knowing you!

Not trying to be a dik but get your *** to the freaking clinic!!!

By my count its about 1000% go to the doctor via the all knowing TBH crew! I can come up with something to assist you if needed or there have been several very good ideas on here for free or cheap checkout. CMON MAN!!! Do you have kids? Do it for them and your wife!!

My dad died suddenly one night when I was 11. He had been told it was nothing to worry about and to keep an eye on it. Well the next one got him and I really wish he was here to meet my wife and my kids. I miss him often and I'm 50 now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
x2!

DUDE please go to the doctor ASAP
Really should have read further into thread... I'm in the hospital now waiting on an echo and a stress test. I thought I understood that EKG was normal but Dr just told me no that it is abnormal so they are admitting me to have a cardiologist do further testing. Looks like I'm in for a stay tonight
Old 04-30-2019, 10:38 AM   #125
Wylde E
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
EKG looked normal. Just took blood and did x-ray... blood pressure was 192/112 when I got here. It's dropped to 184/104.
You can have a heart attack and your ekg look normal! I just did it 2 weeks ago! I ended up with and echo cardio and cardio cath. They went in through the radial artery in my wrist. Did they test your triponin levels?
Wylde E is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #126
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

My GF's is in North Carolina today with her mother who had a cath done Monday. The cath found blockage that didn't show on EKG or other tests. They decided to treat with drugs rather than any more surgery since she is still recovering from a hernia surgery 2 weeks ago.

I have had about every test they have including Thallium stress test. Some of these blockages are hard to locate. One test they gave me found carotid artery blockage which was causing me headaches and light headiness to where I almost passed out. I've been on statin meds for near 30 years now and metoprolol for the past 4 years since my last heart attack.

Coronary artery disease is not fun.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 10:55 AM   #127
Pineywoods
Ten Point

Nitro isn't working and blood pressure is back up to 189/114 and heart rate has been holding at 100. This sucks...
Old 04-30-2019, 10:59 AM   #128
Z7X
Ten Point

Hunt In: Moving to Kansas so hopefully there

Quote:
Nitro isn't working and blood pressure is back up to 189/114 and heart rate has been holding at 100. This sucks...
You have the TBH prayer team going now and you're at the hospital so you're in good hands. Please keep us updated.
Z7X is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 11:00 AM   #129
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Quote:
Really should have read further into thread... I'm in the hospital now waiting on an echo and a stress test. I thought I understood that EKG was normal but Dr just told me no that it is abnormal so they are admitting me to have a cardiologist do further testing. Looks like I'm in for a stay tonight
Glad to see you took the steps to get on in there. Everything will be just fine when it is all said and done. You are a smart man for getting checked out. Prayers on the way up my man.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 11:02 AM   #130
kcmarullo
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Tx, Oklahoma

Prayers up for ya ! hope you get better.
kcmarullo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #131
BrandonH
Pope & Young

Everyone here with first hand experience as well as medical professionals have weighed in on your issue and glad to see you went to the ER.

I know you're stressed about the medical bills, but let me say...don't worry about it. We've been in a couple circumstances with no insurance and high medical bills. First off you can negotiate these bills to a lesser amount over time. But the best route we found was to just pay what you can to each bill monthly. At first we were young and could only afford $10/month since there were several different bills. The next time we paid up to $20/month. Point being as long as you are attempting to pay in good faith they are happy and they will not report delinquencies to the credit bureaus.

Just thought I'd share that since you don't need any added stress at this time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
BrandonH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #132
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
My GF's is in North Carolina today with her mother who had a cath done Monday. The cath found blockage that didn't show on EKG or other tests. They decided to treat with drugs rather than any more surgery since she is still recovering from a hernia surgery 2 weeks ago.

I have had about every test they have including Thallium stress test. Some of these blockages are hard to locate. One test they gave me found carotid artery blockage which was causing me headaches and light headiness to where I almost passed out. I've been on statin meds for near 30 years now and metoprolol for the past 4 years since my last heart attack.

Coronary artery disease is not fun.
Same meds here also. Not sure which is worse. Peeing every two hours or the joint pain from the statins?
Bayouboy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 11:25 AM   #133
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Josh, prayin' hard for your healing sir!! You know the God we serve. Talk to Him and let Him guide you. I pray for your care-givers and guidance for them from our God.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 11:29 AM   #134
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Praying hard!
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #135
doright
Eight Point

Hunt In: Shelby co.

Don't worry about the medical bills . The hospital will be glad to get whatever you can pay, besides its not like they can repo the procedure like they can a car.
doright is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 11:44 AM   #136
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mcmullen County

If you have high stress/anxiety, BP meds often times won't work effectively. I think they fefer to it as breakthrough hypertension. I had a full panel along with an MRI test with dye. Fortunately everything was clear. I've had to learn breathing techniques to help me relax and reduce my anxiety. It's amazing how proper breathing will reduce your BP and heart rate. Good luck to you!
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 12:02 PM   #137
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
It was weird. I opened it to the bottom and then more pages and replies posted after I sent my reply.

Glad you went! You made the best decision . Good luck
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 12:06 PM   #138
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Praying for you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 12:08 PM   #139
denimdeerslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Waller

First time we've had a live heart attach thread. Glad you went in.
denimdeerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 12:17 PM   #140
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Josh I don't believe that I know you but we are neighbors. If you need anything during this time please let me know.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 12:24 PM   #141
salth2o
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Delta County and anywhere else I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
First time we've had a live heart attach thread. Glad you went in.

You are right!
salth2o is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 12:30 PM   #142
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Glad you are getting checked out. Prayers sent.
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #143
Hoss163
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Prayers up
Hoss163 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #144
CoryW
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bosque County

Prayers sent for you.
CoryW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #145
ClearcreekDC
Four Point

Hunt In: Denton County

Tell them you want something for your anxiety. I would be that has a lot to do with that elevated BP. I hate doctors as well and started thinking I had an issue and my BP went through the roof because I would work myself up so bad. Highest it ever was was 180/114 and I am only 32. I went to the doctor and they of course threw me on BP meds immediately and I have now started taking the minimum dose because Id prefer not to get started on these this young for the rest of my life. My BP is now always perfect unless I work myself up then I can make it go nuts. You are prob like me and HATE being there and believe it or not that can really get that BP extremely elevated. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted.
ClearcreekDC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #146
drslonghorn
Six Point

Hunt In: West Texas

Prayers sent
drslonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #147
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

You may have saved your own life today by going to the ER. I would just say try to relax and trust that they can get you on the road to recovery.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #148
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion, Webb, counties

Prayers sent.
Glad you went the Doctor.
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 02:34 PM   #149
Mike Murphey
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort McKavett, Texas

How many Medical Doctors do we have here??? That's the folks you need to talk to not those that slept in a Motel 6....

Last edited by Mike Murphey; 04-30-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: delete
Mike Murphey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #150
LWC
Ten Point

Prayers up
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top