Slick Trick vs Ramcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for ramcats
    I have not shot a deer with them yet, but got complete pass thru on pigs, aoudad, warthog, impalas, wildebeest...none went more than 30 yards.....kudu was only one that I did not get a complete pass thru
    Replacement blades are cheap compared to everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m sure the Ramcats are good but the ST magnums have never let me down. How many video their hunts, the lack of blood trails may be due to shot placement not the failure of the broad head. Videos don’t lie, hit them high and they run for awhile with little blood, hit them 1/3 the way up and it’s blood forever and a short track.

Comment

QAD Exodus!! lol shot one ramcat ferrule broke even with the insert. On a quartering away good heart shot. No pass through just a bump on off shoulder where you would think the head would be. Never found broadhead or blades. Very cautious and nervous during cleaning after that no way. I know this could be freak deal but it turned me away. of the two slick trick.

Comment

I have both in my quiver. I am about 60-40 RamCat over the GrizzTrick. What everyone says is true - the RamCat blades are not as durable as the ST. However, the RamCat leaves a bigger hole. When shooting pigs, I always prefer RamCat. I shoot a lower draw weight and length than most of everyone on this page. There are some animals I simply cannot get a pass through because of my draw weight. The RamCat really shines in this arena. I have never lost a blade inside an animal, but I have lost them in the field. I just tighten the set screw down really well, and I replace the blades often.

I have lost animals with either, and I have to say in my experience, if you hunt enough, you are going to lose a few, no matter what broadhead you use. I have lost fewer with the RamCats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod70 View Post
            QAD Exodus!! lol shot one ramcat ferrule broke even with the insert. On a quartering away good heart shot. No pass through just a bump on off shoulder where you would think the head would be. Never found broadhead or blades. Very cautious and nervous during cleaning after that no way. I know this could be freak deal but it turned me away. of the two slick trick.
            No its not a freak deal, I've seen it 8-9 times now. In fact when we see someone in camp with them it's become a joke that they should have brought a metal detector to run over the meat to find the broken blades, before gutting because they may be getting cut. ( and it happened to one guy, cut himself pretty bad) Or worse emagine someone eating one,. The broken pieces of blades are tiny.
            Last edited by critter69; 11-21-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

both flimsy bladed broadheads, so neither

Comment

100 gr Ramcats last two years with no issues. One awesome blade.

Comment

Slick tricks until they sold. Newer assemblies have poor tolerances, aren’t as sharp, etc. went south pretty quick. I used to shoot nothing but Grizz Tricks but have moved on. No input on the ramcats.

Comment

Just got some ramcats in today. Hopefully I can find out how they do tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      both flimsy bladed broadheads, so neither
                      What is your broadhead preference?

Comment

Originally posted by spikebuck View Post
                        What is your broadhead preference?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	broadheads .jpg
Views:	4
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	24560675

tested these this year and the first one (bone broadhead) and the third one (cutthroat RMS) are my favorites. The cutthroat is easier to get razor sharp due to its shape. but all four are deadly. strong, accurate and no gimmicky blade changes and rubber bands or any nonsense like that.

all 200 grains

Comment

Slick Tricks works every time for me in South Africa.

Comment

Man I bought a pack of ram cats and they shoot a bit low and left for me. My bow shoots slick tricks like darts as well as a few other heads. I really wanted them to work, maybe it’s time for a recheck on the tuning but for this season I’ll have to stick with my tricks.

Comment

Slick Trick Magnums.

Comment

100 gr. Slick Tricks is what I'm familiar with, and I'm pleased with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X