Hunting lease what do you pay yearly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
    No doubt hunting and leases are super expensive. I'm embarrassed to say how much I pay, so I won't. But, leases are like trucks to me, we all keep paying the prices and it's supply and demand. If we got off our lease this year there would be a line of folks waiting with check book in hand. And as far as going on a couple hunts per year....that's great, but I want to go down several times a year to the lease. We go at least 10-12x per year. Everything is a choice, but we often say "I can't believe we are paying ***xx to hunt!"

that is great ,

Comment

I have to say though...I’d pay an arm and leg for a half way decent place within an hr of my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$0 on family friend's place. Been going since I was a kid. Very lucky.

Comment

I pay a little over $10,000.00 for the two leases I’m on plus I go to T-4 a couple of times a year. It is cheaper than fishing if you figure in what I paid for my boat

Comment

We have 2K acres in Stephens County, This is our 20th year on this lease. We are all from the same town and been buddies a long time. We pay $2000 a gun for year round access with water and electricity. 10 spots but 18,000 due to landowner the other 2k pays the electric and water. We also feed protein and have started to see the results and have a couple 150-160's.

I will also say this, we have accepted new hunters that are what I call trophy based hunters. Everything is about what they've been told or seen on TV. Those people lasted a couple years and got off or their lease was not renewed. It's not that they are in the wrong but to the rest of us our lease is so much more than that. Its about the camaraderie, and the time we spend together as one big family, helping each other out. We have an old fire pit in the center of camp and there's no telling how much wood has been burned in it, but I promise you this there's not a deer big enough that I would trade for my time around that fire pit.

Don't let anyone tell you how to spend your money. If its a place you think is worth it, lease it and enjoy it. Different people have different wants when it comes to leases, and some will never experience what other's do.

Comment

Originally posted by TXPredatorMafia View Post
              We have an old fire pit in the center of camp and there's no telling how much wood has been burned in it, but I promise you this there's not a deer big enough that I would trade for my time around that fire pit.

Lots of people have lost this view of hunting. That is the problem.

Comment

$1500 for a membership in East Texas. Big house, chow hall, water, electricity, TV and the works, but its only 7 miles from my driveway! Fingers crossed I will be getting on an excellent MLD place next season that will cost me another $1650 before initiation fees.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Exactly!

These people complaining don't own land and know how expensive it is. Much less to lease it to random people. Worth more to me then some people get IMO, being a landowner

But most will easily go spend money at a "for profit" day lease

Comment

Hail no! No way. I'll never tell what I pay. "Tippy". Yeah right. I know who this is. Sweetheart you're not going to get me to tell that easy.
                    Last edited by asu-indian; 10-15-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Comment

hunting, whether on a lease or a trip out west is like a vacation to me. So with a lease it just last a lot longer than a trip to Cancun or a cruise and generally provides a heck of a lot of fun.

So at the end of the day it is pretty cheap entertainment when you break it down...….so, this is what I tell my wife

Comment

I pay zero but I hunt family land. I enjoy having a place to go 8-10 times a year. If I didn’t have that I would pay around 5k for a good place.

Comment

$10/acre. 1200+- acres. 4 spots...

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                              Hail no! No way. I'll never tell what I pay. "Tippy". Yeah right. I know who this is. Sweetheart you're not going to get me to tell that easy.
                              Ha ha. Smart man right here. Don't fall for the trap!

Comment

$500 for about 1400ac and 6 members. Multiple deer over 140 have been killed there, 2 canp houses, river access, lot of critters on the place, and a land owner that lets us do whatever we need to do. Every year we will have a deer over 150” to hunt and plenty of hogs to chase all year. Excellent squirrel hunting, wildly mediocre dove hunting, and excellent duck hunting on some years.

Comment

Working...
                                X