Headed to Venice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to Venice...

Headed out to chase some tuna with Mexican Gulf Fishing Co. for the weekend. One day offshore, one day chasing Reds in the marsh. It’ll be my first time fishing with them. Anyone been out with them before? Anything I should expect? Hopefully I’ll be able to add some pictures and some good stories to this post by Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
    Headed out to chase some tuna with Mexican Gulf Fishing Co. for the weekend. One day offshore, one day chasing Reds in the marsh. It’ll be my first time fishing with them. Anyone been out with them before? Anything I should expect? Hopefully I’ll be able to add some pictures and some good stories to this post by Monday!

MGFC is a first class outfit, you should be in good shape. I moved to Wylie from Belle Chasse, La last year. I sure do miss the fishing back home. Good luck, spring time usually means fishing the closer in floaters for school size tuna as the big girls have moved off the lumps by now.

Comment

Good luck! Keep us posted!!!

Comment

Please provide a report, as I'll be there in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
          MGFC is a first class outfit, you should be in good shape. I moved to Wylie from Belle Chasse, La last year. I sure do miss the fishing back home. Good luck, spring time usually means fishing the closer in floaters for school size tuna as the big girls have moved off the lumps by now.

Thanks bloodtrail! I moved to Wylie from the north shore of Lake Ponchartrain about 13 years ago. Im excited to go back close to home for a few days.

I’ll keep y’all posted!

Comment

Best of luck brother, I grew up in Metarie and parents live in Franklinton

As you already know, bring rain gear since those squalls can came out of nowhere

Comment

Luckily they run the best boats there are. It may be a little choppy. Good luck. I need to get back over there this summer.

Comment

Good luck! Will be there the end of September! Post results!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  Best of luck brother, I grew up in Metarie and parents live in Franklinton

As you already know, bring rain gear since those squalls can came out of nowhere

Thanks man. I grew up in Ponchatoula and we’d go to the Franklinton fair every year.
                  Yeah I packed my raincoat and bibs first. Hoping it pays off.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                    Thanks man. I grew up in Ponchatoula and we’d go to the Franklinton fair every year.
                    Pics from the Washington Parish State Fair 20 years ago. I seriously doubt this would be allowed today

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      Pics from the Washington Parish State Fair 20 years ago. I seriously doubt this would be allowed today

Tiger King would be proud!

Comment

I hope the trip goes well for ya. I'm getting all new electronics in the boat at the moment. I'm ready for it to be done so I can run off. Bout time for that early summer run.

Comment

They are prob one of the best options and the freeman’s are awesome. We had some luck last yr with them

Comment

We ended up with 15 today. Wasn’t a super fast bite but consistent. Swells got to about 4-6’ which wasn’t bad but the wind continued to build. We came in right after lunch. If the rain holds off we’ll fish inshore tomorrow for Reds. Good times!

Comment

Some stud blackfins. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X