Ever had one break just below the nock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever had one break just below the nock?

Shooting my recurve and on release there was a “snap” and the arrow cartwheeled down the range. Never had one fail right below the nock before. I guess I need to be more diligent about flex-testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a carbon shaft? Really odd and if so, must have been damaged and you didn’t notice?

Comment

Yeah it’s carbon - must have gotten nicked at some point

Comment

Another ERCOT fail John, your home got too cold last week and the carbon fibers became brittle and snapped.

OK, not really, sorry for poking a little fun and hope you DID NOT have cold damage at your casa. I increased the photo size and it looks like those pretty arrows have a wrap under the fletching (?). Could it be the carbon was damaged under the wrap and therefore not visible to you? Glad the arrow broke there and decided to cartwheel downrange and leave your bow arm alone!

Oh yeah, and nice to be out shooting some arrows in this North TX 70 degree day. A week and 12 hours ago it was minus 2!

Comment

Probably hit it when practicing and stacking em tight in the target

Comment

Too much power !
            Lol

Comment

Pretty sticks!

Comment

I had a similar failure a few weeks ago, the arrow had hit the edge of the target where there was a thin board and it must have cracked when it skived off the top of the target edge (was sighting in at 50 yards). The arrow actually cracked in two places within the fletched section.
                Fortunately I caught it before shooting it again. Wraps can hide the issue as well, you really have to be diligent in testing them and pay close attention to the wrapped section of the arrow.

Comment

Working...
                X