No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy...My data shows that units like 8, 9 and 10 don't make it past the Max point draw....at least in 2010 and 2011. Either 2012 is way different or my analysis is wrong and I'm an idiot.

Anyway, Congrats to your buddy...arguably the best tag in the country

Comment

Great thread but I need to bookmark my place keep it going

Comment

Ok, cooking systems. Who uses what? I still have my trusty Pocket Rocket. Never had a problem with it. Thought about getting a JetBoil, but why try to fix something that isn't broke???

Comment

Everyone knows, it's so simple, no one will accept! Make it yourself, get the right fuel, and you will cut, or **** everyone else off! Your choice!

Comment

It's so simple, it's stupid!

Comment

So there is no confusion.
              Attached Files

Comment

Missed on AZ.

Comment

I use a jet boil. It's kind of bulky though.

Comment

Has anyone tried the X2 pack from Eberlestock ?

Or the tailhook ?

Comment

Nope, they look nice though.

Dr T, how is the Icon working out for you? Need a review!

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                        Has anyone tried the X2 pack from Eberlestock ?

Or the tailhook ?
                        My buddy had an X2, much too small for what I want although some swear by it.
                        In the right situation it could be great, just not for me.

I would rather carry the blue widow than the X2, the X2 just had a smaller frame that doesn't seem to fit me.

I have worn the X1 for many miles while elk hunting and it was great.

I will be using my Kifaru T1 for everything. It is so light and collapses down to almost nothing, total weight under 7 lbs, and can get under 6lbs dropping the XTL lid for day hunting.

Comment

Comment

You guys working out for season yet???

After working half a day, then coming home and mowing 4 lawns, then was able to go to the football stadium and run bleachers for 30 minutes in 40 mph wind.

Feeling good, but thankful for a lot of time before season.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
                              My buddy had an X2, much too small for what I want although some swear by it.
                              In the right situation it could be great, just not for me.

I would rather carry the blue widow than the X2, the X2 just had a smaller frame that doesn't seem to fit me.

I have worn the X1 for many miles while elk hunting and it was great.

I will be using my Kifaru T1 for everything. It is so light and collapses down to almost nothing, total weight under 7 lbs, and can get under 6lbs dropping the XTL lid for day hunting.
                              All I want is a day pack. Something light and comfortable and holding my bow would be a plus. I have a badlands hybrid, I love the pack but it doesn't fit me very good. I am wide at the shoulders. I wish there were a place to go try them all. I have used the hypervent before and liked it a lot but it's not suited well for holding a bow.

Comment

Tenzing is new to the scene this year with a few smaller option packs. Check 'em out.

Comment

Working...
                                X