Burning trash dumped on property.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    They owe you damages, not just a clean-up and a "sorry, my bad". They saved themselves the cost of the truck. You should get half of what they saved.
    So a burning pile of trash dumped on what looks to be a fairly barren entry way to at pasture is worth upwards of $150,00? I don't see that. This thinking is part of the problem with the world today.

They cleaned up the mess in a timely manner. That should be good enough. Now if they refused to make things right, that would be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
      Let them do what they said they was going to do. This is not uncommon and the company's always take care of it.
      Always ? My buddy had a bricked in mailbox knocked over by the local trash truck. It took him three months and threatening small claims court to get his mailbox fixed. Always and never, two worthless words.

Comment

They owe you damages, not just a clean-up and a "sorry, my bad". They saved themselves the cost of the truck. You should get half of what they saved.
        Haaaaa. I hope you are joking. However, I think you are serious. Try that damages model and see what happens. Think of someone landing a 5MM helicopter on your land on an emergent basis--saving the helicopter but putting ruts in your manicured pasture. Do they owe you 2.5MM? If so, someone can land their chopper or burning trash on me as they choose. . . as long as they subscribe to your damages model.

Comment

Burning trash dumped on property.

That’s hilarious! It’s also a very chicken **** view of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So, everything got taken care of and the expert advice offered on this thread was not needed after all? In other words, this thread was a waste of everybody's time?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              So, everything got taken care of and the expert advice offered on this thread was not needed after all? In other words, this thread was a waste of everybody's time?
              This thread is a piece of trash!

Comment

Are we suppose to be doing something else with our time?

I mean, I value my time spent here, but I'm sure my wife thinks that most of it is wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
                  I called the company and asked them to come out and do a hand clean up because the loader left a lot of little stuff. They had four guys there within the hour. One of them was the driver of the truck that caught fire. He told me after they dumped the load there was a small grill with a propane bottle still attached that exploded and injured him. He had bandages up his left arm and on his head. He was at work so I'm guessing it wasn't too bad. He said they know where the grill came from and they were going to pursue that person for damages. They were all apologetic and thanked me for not being a horses behind about the whole deal. I'm satisfied with the level of clean up. Still a bit of stink coming from that area but I assume it will dissipate with time.
                  Well yeah!!!
                  But without this thread, nobody would have even known.
                  And I love how this was brought up 5 months after the fact!!!
                  I had no idea this even happened!! Now I’m in the know!!

Comment

....and I read thru this whole thread again for nothing.....I thought for sure someone was going to the pokey or getting their azz whipped.

Comment

I live at the end of a dead end driveway that starts at the end of a dead end county road. There was a dump truck driver who was emptying a dumpster near the end of the county road weekly, then driving a few hundred yards down our private slag driveway and turning around on our concrete in front of our house. he was rutting the slag (in places it had been pushed down basically into the mud beneath), and grinding pieces of it into the concrete. There were clear tire marks on the concrete, and it was cracking in places. I took pictures and called the company when I realized what was going on. A manager came out within two hours, saw what I saw, and assured me it wouldn't happen again. A month later I was home (but my truck was not), and they did it again. I stepped out and had a word with the drivers, letting them know that it was about to become a legal issue if it continued, and since then it hasn't happened. Anyway, not really the same as your case, but it sounds like the company you were working with handled their business pretty well.

Comment

Don't be a salami head.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
                          They dumped it in my pasture, past the gate of my entrance.
                          tell them it killed your prize bull worth $25000 and a 300 year old oak tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            Don't be a salami head.
                            Don't be a BULLY!!!

Comment

A few years ago had a truck pick up a couple dumpsters here at Peterbilt. He was leaving and I stopped him that the paint was bubbling and smoking. He stopped backed up about 30 feet and dropped his contents in the parking lot. Oh that was fun ! Watching the FD put it out and then clean up was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. Ok. They initially denied my claim but after being persistent they settled with me. Y’all feel better?

Comment

Working...
                                X