What if ...? (target panic thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if ...? (target panic thread)

What if you could be assured each time you draw the bow, that your bowhand would end up in the precise location required to hit the spot, given a smooth release?

Would you then not have a tendency to snap shoot, or otherwise not take your fingers off the sting in a smooth and consistent fashion?

Not just a hypothetical question. Think about blank baling. The whole idea thereof is to gain confidence that your arrow will hit the mark by repetitively doing just that. But then when a target face is placed on the bale, how many archers revert to their old bad habits? My answer is most.

But if you could avoid having to think about where your bowhand ends up, and that each shot is going to be a spot while shooting at an actual concentric target face, wouldn't that make it a lot easier to achieve a smooth release - that is, thinking about just the one thing? My answer is yes, it would.

Hard to get your head around, isn't it? Not having to worry about where to place your bowhand. Not having the old frozen bowarm syndrome.

But it's possible. Something I'm working on. Stay tuned.
Working...
X