Devils River SNA youth exotic hunt 12/31-1/03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devils River SNA youth exotic hunt 12/31-1/03

Did anyone on here get drawn for the youth hunt at Devil’s River SNA on 12/31-1/03? My son was drawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on drawing!!!! Good luck on the hunt.

My son wasn't drawn but we put in for that unit every year. Seems to be a good unit to hunt.

Comment

Congrats my two kids were drawn too!

Comment

Originally posted by fishnhuntdad View Post
        Congrats my two kids were drawn too!

I PM’d you

Comment

my son was drawn in 2019- fun hunt! good luck

any info on this place and advice to assist my son and I on his hunt. January time frame hunt with rifle. Thank you in advance. *he and I hunted Devils River Dan Allen last year and he was the only one to get a buck and it was a bit tough but we got it done in 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by medic1042 View Post
            my son was drawn in 2019- fun hunt! good luck

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/...ic#Post7413197

Thanks for the info. Looks like y’all had a great hunt!

Comment

I hunted there in 2020 and shot 5 ewes. Very fun hunt but Its rough country, atleast the compartment I hunted. If I had to do it over again and go after a big ram, I would be more patient. Glass more, especially when I saw one. If you see one, chances are there are alot more in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                I hunted there in 2020 and shot 5 ewes. Very fun hunt but Its rough country, atleast the compartment I hunted. If I had to do it over again and go after a big ram, I would be more patient. Glass more, especially when I saw one. If you see one, chances are there are alot more in the area.

Thank you sir. All tips are appreciated. Are the roads as bad as they say? I don’t have 4 wheel drive. Drive a half ton truck.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptTank View Post
                  Thank you sir. All tips are appreciated. Are the roads as bad as they say? I don’t have 4 wheel drive. Drive a half ton truck.

The area I hunted no, but it had only one main road from the main headquarters down to the locked gate leading to the river access. I never used 4wd, but that said, if it rained it potentially could get messy I suppose.

I hunted pastures 10 & 18, had it to myself. A young girl during the youth hunt shot 2 30+" rams way back in 10 several weeks before my hunt.
                  Attached Files

Comment

My daughter drew this year too, we are really excited! You guys staying in the bunkhouse or camping?

Comment

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post
                      My daughter drew this year too, we are really excited! You guys staying in the bunkhouse or camping?

We are staying in the bunk house.

Comment

Working...
                      X