2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
    I'm in NE Texas so about as far away from you in TX I could get but if you'd ever make it here anyway I'd love to take you up on that offer.
    Me and a buddy of mine are going into our third season this year but neither of us had any experience or anyone to show us and mostly hunting public land we are having limited success. If anyone ever wants someone to hunt with we'd love to tag along and maybe gain some more knowledge as well.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
    Yall hunting divers or puddle ducks?

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
      I am ready as well. picked up a new little refuge rig this past weekend. GT boat and motor
      Hows the smaller prop push that boat? Been looking into getting surface drive but the 9" prop rule kind of has pushed me away.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
        Dang you guys got a bunch of stuff! I throw out about 10 decoys. Partly because it looks more natural than a giant spread where I hunt but mostly because unless I'm in the boat I've got to carry them for a mile
        Lol my grandpa used to have us taking 10-12 dozen decoys. Now its only about 6-8 haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
          Yall hunting divers or puddle ducks?
          Puddle ducks. Mostly wood ducks with the spots we have

Comment

Puddle ducks. Mostly wood ducks with the spots we have

May have to get together one weekend this year. Im in lufkin and our hunting is hit or miss so we always are down to travel. Ive got a boat with a ton of decoys.

Comment

I'm in NE Texas so about as far away from you in TX I could get but if you'd ever make it here anyway I'd love to take you up on that offer.
              Me and a buddy of mine are going into our third season this year but neither of us had any experience or anyone to show us and mostly hunting public land we are having limited success. If anyone ever wants someone to hunt with we'd love to tag along and maybe gain some more knowledge as well.

Have truck, camper, boat, decoys and 2 duck dogs... will travel !!! LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                Can I put a blind up Boggy?? (Matagorda)
                Anyone know?
                Thanks
                I just stack crab traps up on the shoreline and hide behind them. I don't think the crabbers mind.

Comment

Secured permission to the ponds I had access to last year again this year!

Can’t wait!

Comment

What kinda boat everyone run ?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                      Canam Defender Max...

Comment

18x54 Uncle J - Got it the end of last season. This will be the first full season. Can't wait.

Comment

1982 Sea Nymph 17’ long with a 70hp Evinrude.

Comment

Looks like I will be plowing some of our fields and other manual labor this week to prep for the season

Usually dont get excited for manual labor but Im pumped that we are this close!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Looks like I will be plowing some of our fields and other manual labor this week to prep for the season

Yes Sir, it is just about work time! Should be seeing a few teal pretty quick now.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

I live on 1663 in hankamer not real far from Jenkins road area. I noticed last night there is some from fresh plowing taking place, I love the time of the year were I can hear the big money hunters down the road laying into them sounds like a war taking place. Pretty cool to drive down there and just see the amount of birds at any given time, right down the road. I just need to win the lottery and join up with some of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X