Sonora / Sutton County 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
    Still seeing the bachelor groups at the feeders and the young bucks are starting to run the younger doe around. Anyone seeing any good action? I’m thinking it should start getting hot and heavy next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, just left today. Youngsters starting to push, bucks still together, does not interested. Ide say a week or two out. But For those of us that weathered the anthrax, it was nice to see good numbers and good quality. Good luck to everyone. See yall back down there in a week or two.

Comment

Were seeing the same thing between Sonora and Roosevelt. I think we’re about a week or 2 from the full on rut.

Comment

Headed west tonight. Looking forward to hanging out with the family and having a little stand time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
          Headed west tonight. Looking forward to hanging out with the family and having a little stand time.

Good luck keep us updated

Comment

I went to a buddies place this afternoon way out off Bond Rd. I saw several smaller bucks pushing does around, but not really chasing yet. I did get a nice fat doe too!!!

I hunted my property this morning and saw another new buck I hadn’t seen before. He was a real nice 8pt, but just not quite big enough to get shot yet. He came in and was eating corn. He started pushing does around, then would come back to the corn. So, not really chasing hard yet. This went on till all the corn was gone and all the deer left.

Bisch

Comment

Nice shooting Bisch!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                I went to a buddies place this afternoon way out off Bond Rd. I saw several smaller bucks pushing does around, but not really chasing yet. I did get a nice fat doe too!!!

I hunted my property this morning and saw another new buck I hadn’t seen before. He was a real nice 8pt, but just not quite big enough to get shot yet. He came in and was eating corn. He started pushing does around, then would come back to the corn. So, not really chasing hard yet. This went on till all the corn was gone and all the deer left.

Bisch

Sounds like I’m probably going to wait a few more days to head down there. I’m guessing by the end of the week they should be getting fired up. How far down bond were you ?

Comment

And congrats on the deer Bisch!

Comment

Sonora / Sutton County 2021

How far down bond were you ?

I was about 20miles out of town, down by the Canyon Ranch.

Bisch

Comment

Congrats Bisch! The kids have been filling freezers on our place the past week. My daughter and I had to leave Wednesday to head to Louisiana with momma, but we left right when things were getting good. We've seen A LOT more whitetail so far and good numbers of axis.

Comment

I was about 20miles out of town, down by the Canyon Ranch.

Bisch

Ok not far from us so the deer should be acting about the same. You live off Bond too right Bisch?

Comment

Ok not far from us so the deer should be acting about the same. You live off Bond too right Bisch?

No sir! I live off Loop 467 about a mile from the Loves truck stop.

Bisch

Comment

No sir! I live off Loop 467 about a mile from the Loves truck stop.

Bisch

Gotcha! That’s beautiful country up there too!

Comment

How’s the animals moving? Gonna be in the stand in morning for the fist time this season.

Comment

Reports from bond rd. The rut is going strong. This hot weather might have put a damper on things but I’m sure this coming cold front will get them moving

Comment

Working...
                                X