X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In to see results.

Comment

Thanks for the replies
      I am finished with my pasture solar well and buried lines to three troughs, so ready to start this project
      I need to plan the pipe system and pour my slab. Then bury lines to trough and a faucet in the yard.
      Barn is uphill so this is all gravity fed
      Just drilled another water well near the house, but will use
      Rainwater for trough and plants.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        Sorry I didn't answer you back when this thread was first posted. My roof washer system is kind of automatic. It is a 10' piece of 12" pvc with reducers on both ends, to 4". I have a 4" "T" on both ends. The tube fills up and then flows across the filled tube to go to the storage tanks. The lower "T" has a faucet on one end and a threaded clean out on the other. I leave the faucet on a slow drip so after the rain quits, the faucet drips until the 12" pvc is empty. I clean it out of leaves and such about twice a year. It has worked well.
        No worries Sir. I really appreciate you taking time to answer and share the information. You have a very well thought out system.

I am in the process of “planning” and acquiring the items I need. Unfortunately my truck ate a piston so I am on hold as far transporting the bigger items…
        Last edited by Pedernal; 11-26-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Why couldn’t you make a level pad using Railroad ties be a lot cheaper than a concrete pad 6” thick.

Comment

I guess after building one pad recently for my other tank I can imagine i could ever get rr ties to be as level or solid. It only took a few hours of mixing and pouring. Think workout for old dude)
            But it will be there longer than me.

BP

Comment

Poured my slab today. Way too thick, but with an electric mixer it was one of my easier projects
              Changed my mind on the collection area to the barn roof doe to low height of lean-to gutters.
              Still setting the tank under the lean-to closer to the barn.
              Thanks for the advice on the clean-out and screen
              I placed a couple of eye bolts in the pad to cable it down in position. Lots of high winds here if it is empty.
              Now to plan the piping and cutting gutters
              Running it in the same trench as my water well to the yard
              I thanks again for the comments and ideas.

Big pig
              Last edited by Big pig; 03-07-2022, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I hate resurrecting old threads, but this one isn't that old and I had some more questions.

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                Why couldn’t you make a level pad using Railroad ties be a lot cheaper than a concrete pad 6” thick.
                RR Ties rot and attract fire ants.

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                Sorry I didn't answer you back when this thread was first posted. My roof washer system is kind of automatic. It is a 10' piece of 12" pvc with reducers on both ends, to 4". I have a 4" "T" on both ends. The tube fills up and then flows across the filled tube to go to the storage tanks. The lower "T" has a faucet on one end and a threaded clean out on the other. I leave the faucet on a slow drip so after the rain quits, the faucet drips until the 12" pvc is empty. I clean it out of leaves and such about twice a year. It has worked well.
                Bob, I would love to see a photo of this fully assembled. Actually, I'd really love to come by your place and look at it in person, but that won't happen in the next 5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Poured my slab today. Way too thick, but with an electric mixer it was one of my easier projects
                  Changed my mind on the collection area to the barn roof doe to low height of lean-to gutters.
                  Still setting the tank under the lean-to closer to the barn.
                  Thanks for the advice on the clean-out and screen
                  I placed a couple of eye bolts in the pad to cable it down in position. Lots of high winds here if it is empty.
                  Now to plan the piping and cutting gutters
                  Running it in the same trench as my water well to the yard
                  I thanks again for the comments and ideas.

Big pig
                  You mentioned high winds. We have that issue on our place and it tore up the gutters. We replaced them with PVC that we had cut a strip out of. Haven't had any problems since.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                    X