Undivided Interest MLD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undivided Interest MLD?

Say I'm a majority owner of a property. The other owner is longterm absentee. Is there anything preventing me from moving to MLD? Anybody ever dealt with this?

No issues. As long as 1 owner signs the agreement you should be fine. The only potential hiccup is if you get the permits, the other owner doesn't know and hunts the place using regular hunting tags (which would be a violation). But, doesn't sound like that is likely.

Comment

Have you discussed it with the other owner?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Have you discussed it with the other owner?
        I don't even know if the other owner can be reached. Just looking at the possibilities.

Would the other owner be bound to abide by mld rules if they never approved of it?

Comment

Is it a large enough property to worry about changing?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

any owner can sign up. They are not going to worry to much about it..

Comment

I guess I am ignorant after all. I’m having trouble wrapping my head around not knowing the other principal and not knowing how to reach them. Not trying to derail or be nosy and it’s fine if you don’t want to explain. Unless it was an investor type situation I’m just lost. But good luck on your quest.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                I guess I am ignorant after all. I’m having trouble wrapping my head around not knowing the other principal and not knowing how to reach them. Not trying to derail or be nosy and it’s fine if you don’t want to explain. Unless it was an investor type situation I’m just lost. But good luck on your quest.
                It happens. The property I own, or say mostly own ha, has a 4 acre section that about 2-300 people have equal ownership of and i doubt any even know it. It was part of another parcel originally. When the first owners died in the late 1800s, they did not designate an heir, so ownership went equally to all their kids who did not know about it except the one that sold it then. Then when those kids died, their rights went to theirs...then theirs...etc. Its called 'undivided interest' and to get full rights id have to find every heir and have them wave or buy their share. Since they likely dont know, we dont worry about it and just wouldnt ever build anything there. Its just a small corner part.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                  It happens. The property I own, or say mostly own ha, has a 4 acre section that about 2-300 people have equal ownership of and i doubt any even know it. It was part of another parcel originally. When the first owners died in the late 1800s, they did not designate an heir, so ownership went equally to all their kids who did not know about it except the one that sold it then. Then when those kids died, their rights went to theirs...then theirs...etc. Its called 'undivided interest' and to get full rights id have to find every heir and have them wave or buy their share. Since they likely dont know, we dont worry about it and just wouldnt ever build anything there. Its just a small corner part.
                  so who is paying taxes on that portion?

Comment

So is it undivided interest in the 4 acres or the whole place? Unless you partition your acreage out, they to can have run of the whole place

Comment

No one is going to care at TPWD. Just leave that part out.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                        No one is going to care at TPWD. Just leave that part out.
                        This.

Comment

To add - if you don’t want to leave it out then when you do your map online go around the four acres in question and exclude it from the property.

Comment

Getting on MLD is the easy part. They don’t care who owns the land. It gets tricky if the other owner wants to hunt or gives someone permission to hunt. They are then bound by the MLD guidelines. They will have to use the MLD tags that were issued to you.

If he’s truly an absentee owner then go for it and worry about it later if it becomes an issue.

Comment

Just going to take some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X