No announcement yet.

Austin area folks…….beware of Christian brothers automotive shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here. Charged me $1000 for replacing a throttle body and then told me I needed a new transmission after that and they’d do it for $7,000. Took it to a well recommended place and they said part shoulda cost $300 and new tranny would be about half their quoted cost. I have not been back to CBA. They play the Christian card and are a complete rip-off with a smile on their face. No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Apparently they have locations nation wide. I had no idea to be honest. My experience was at the Cedar Park location.
      First choice automotive in Cedar Park is who I recommend. Nothing but things all around about that place. That’s who gets my business. Sorry to hear about CB.

Comment

Beware of Christian Brothers brandy too. It tried to screw me up one night about 20 years ago, and succeeded. Can't hear the words Christian, brothers, or brandy without having flashbacks. Sorry about your bad experience. The reviews on this thread remind me of the repair shop on The Mask. "Bring out the loana."

Comment

They don’t sound very Christian to me.

Comment

Thanks for the info I was considering getting my daughters car worked on here in Forney. Now I will rethink that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
              They don’t sound very Christian to me.

Maybe that’s the founders last name, and not a religious statement

Comment

That place is overpriced. I advise everyone to stay away from them.

Comment

Similar area as the OP. Two bad experiences, first time they replaced the brakes on my wife's explorer, and didn't properly tighten one of the lines down. Her brakes went out on her while driving and she was lucky enough to be going slow and get it in a parking lot and stop it with the e-brake.

Second time, they replaced the electric lock on her trunk and left a massive dent right next to it. She didn't notice it (never does), and by the time I got back in town it was well past being able to blame them.

On a better note, I've had positive experiences at the Firestones in Leander and Cedar Park.

Comment

WOW!! Just imagine how many people that are falling for that BS and being taking to the cleaners... That is out right theft and they should be shutdown...

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Maybe that’s the founders last name, and not a religious statement

Jeff, the Christian Brothers Automotive in New Braunfels got me out of a very bad situation a few years back and got me back on the road. While waiting there, I discussed the whole deal with the owner of that location... They INDEED are a "Christian" based organization, or at least they were before they got so big. At that time, the guy there went over with me how they were organized and how they must meet certain standards in order to have a franchise... Maybe things have changed (no, obviously things have changed), but the name comes from a religious foundational beginning!
                      It sure disappoints me to see all these negative reviews and reports! There's one in Kingwood that we have used for years and have always had top notch service from them.

The last thread that was posted with all the bad reviews, I contacted corporate via their website and gave them the link to the thread... I got a call from them the next day asking me if I knew how to get in touch with the individual who started the thread... I did not personally know the OP, so I told them all I could suggest is to join the forum and send them an email or PM... don't know if that happened or not.

I can say though if you lodge a complaint directly with "corporate", you will get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Jeff, the Christian Brothers Automotive in New Braunfels got me out of a very bad situation a few years back and got me back on the road. While waiting there, I discussed the whole deal with the owner of that location... They INDEED are a "Christian" based organization, or at least they were before they got so big. At that time, the guy there went over with me how they were organized and how they must meet certain standards in order to have a franchise... Maybe things have changed (no, obviously things have changed), but the name comes from a religious foundational beginning!
                        It sure disappoints me to see all these negative reviews and reports! There's one in Kingwood that we have used for years and have always had top notch service from them.

The last thread that was posted with all the bad reviews, I contacted corporate via their website and gave them the link to the thread... I got a call from them the next day asking me if I knew how to get in touch with the individual who started the thread... I did not personally know the OP, so I told them all I could suggest is to join the forum and send them an email or PM... don't know if that happened or not.

I can say though if you lodge a complaint directly with "corporate", you will get a response.

Thanks for that Charlie. I guess when they decided to go the franchise route they lost control over the Christian aspect of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X