Clear All

Looks slick!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It ran and idled yesterday. Wiring needs to be cleaned up

Comment

Moving slow today. Buddy and I celebrated the progress last night. Realized this morning the bottle we opened is empty lol.

Comment

My younger bro has a black '78 single cab SWB. Might have to talk to him about a resto. He was consider-n it before he bought his new truck. It's start-n to turn from black to brown. But body is solid and straight.

Comment

I've actually worked on the old girl at least once a week lately, just nothing photo worthy. One problem after another as these things go. Got the sniper hooked up, but it wouldn't go into learn mode- wasn't coming up to temp per the sniper sensor. Figured thermostat was stuck, which it was, but intake was full of god knows what in the coolant passage. Got it cleaned out but the oxidation made the aluminum soft and pitted. New intake inbound, along with a water pump and hoses. Process seems to be work on it a bit, take a pile of stuff apart, spend $500+ at summit, wait 3 days, rinse and repeat. Oh well anyone can buy a new one or finished project.

I always wonder when I read these so here goes- I'm sitting at $6640 spent thus far, and the truck was free.

Also, I had a buddy ask about buying the used sniper system. Just buy new. I'm about the same money out, and it has been a touch of a headache.

Comment

The Fedex guy asked me what the hell I was building after seeing him daily for months. It will definitely nickle and dime you to death.

Comment

Hell yea!

Comment

New water pump, new intake and new coolant hoses. Idled like a champ and came up to temp well. Sniper system started learning. Still needs a bit of adjustment and fuel tank is building pressure which needs to be addressed

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                      I've actually worked on the old girl at least once a week lately, just nothing photo worthy. One problem after another as these things go. Got the sniper hooked up, but it wouldn't go into learn mode- wasn't coming up to temp per the sniper sensor. Figured thermostat was stuck, which it was, but intake was full of god knows what in the coolant passage. Got it cleaned out but the oxidation made the aluminum soft and pitted. New intake inbound, along with a water pump and hoses. Process seems to be work on it a bit, take a pile of stuff apart, spend $500+ at summit, wait 3 days, rinse and repeat. Oh well anyone can buy a new one or finished project.

I always wonder when I read these so here goes- I'm sitting at $6640 spent thus far, and the truck was free.

Also, I had a buddy ask about buying the used sniper system. Just buy new. I'm about the same money out, and it has been a touch of a headache.
                      I feel you pain with the money you are spending on it. I've been rebuilding my 93 1500 blazer for two years now and I'm around 10k deep into it and its not even close to being done. I bet I will be 20k into this 5k truck when it finally gets done. I love your truck btw, my dad had a 78 that was the same color as the lighter blue on yours. His employee wrapped it around a guard rail on 635 in the late 90's, that broke my heart.

Comment

Runs well- check
                        Moves under own power- check
                        Stops- sh…. No damage just wide awake at 10pm

Comment

Looking much better!

Comment

Moved, and more importantly stopped, under its own power yesterday. First time to travel down the road in 30 years. worked well, efi system needs to learn a bit more it was stumbling at idle but that's easy. Also the iac needs adjustment which isn't helping. Fun will begin soon now- wash, buff several times, and begin on the interior work. Still no eta on the door panels from USA1.

Comment

Cool following as I will be bringing my Grand dads '67 GMC C10 in March and starting the rebuild then. It is all original and in pretty good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                                Moved, and more importantly stopped, under its own power yesterday. First time to travel down the road in 30 years. worked well, efi system needs to learn a bit more it was stumbling at idle but that's easy. Also the iac needs adjustment which isn't helping. Fun will begin soon now- wash, buff several times, and begin on the interior work. Still no eta on the door panels from USA1.
                                Are you going to wet sand it before buffing? My Suburban has clear burned off of it at the tops of the fenders and down the side. I'm wondering if I wet sand first and then get the buffer running if I will get a better end result. Thanks for the updates on the ride, and if you come across another set of wheels hit me up, I'm having a hard time finding something used.

Comment

Working...
                                X