Choke Canyon North Shore Hog - February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke Canyon North Shore Hog - February

Drew Choke Canyon North shore hog for February. It says boat access only which is fine with me. I'm just wondering which boat I should take. It will just be me. I have my 12 foot flat bottom duck boat and my 18 foot bass boat. I'd like to take the duck boat but I've never been to that lake and don't know what the seas will be. Mind you, I've kayaked fished offshore so not really worried about waves unless the period is very short.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anyone else going there?

I have only made one trip to that lake, and camped and fished for a few days. One thing I do know is that it has a lot of stumps. .....and lotsa big lizards.

Comment

You'll be launching at the boat ramp at South Shore State Park. You'll cross the lake on the east end to the north shore.

It can be Victory at Sea conditions when northers blow in.

Check Google Earth and follow the road that goes across the top of the dam. That is the area where you'll be hunting.

Comment

I have no idea what ramp you will be using or how far you,ll have to motor but Choke can get rough and I wouldn't to be on it in a 12' boat.

Comment

Thanks. I'm not excited about parking my bass boat on the shore but if it looks like it's going to be rough I guess that's what I'll have to do. I may take the duck boat and see if someone else has an open spot if it's rough or, it's an 8 day hunt so hopefully some of those will be good weather.

Comment

I’d be mixing in some duck hunting too.

Comment

Working...
            X