Trad glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad glove

Who makes the best three fingered shooting glove I’m not really worried about the price as long as it’s quality

I use Bearpaw gloves. Made in Germany. They can be hard to find but 3Rivers has them in stock right now. I use the black one. Have tried leather but prefer the Bearpaw black synthetic.

Comment

Depending on how much protection you need the Bodnick speed glove or Duraglove are both good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If I were to use a glove, it would be the Dura Glove.

You can easily pay more money than the Dura Glove cost, but what you get for that extra money will only be cosmetics.

Rick

Comment

Thanks for the info I wore the fingers out of the one I currently own

Comment

I really like the Bodnik Speed Glove. Best I've found so far, but it does make a little noise as the string slides over the "dura" type material upon release. For quiet and soft, I like the Outdoor Mountain Products leather glove. Very nice feel.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Depending on how much protection you need the Bodnick speed glove or Duraglove are both good.

Gary, when I used a glove (which I did for many years), I used lot of different gloves, and my favorite by far was the Dura Glove.

I have/had never looked at the Bodnick glove. They look to me to be pretty much a copy of the Dura Glove, and they are cheaper. Is the quality maintained?

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                Gary, when I used a glove (which I did for many years), I used lot of different gloves, and my favorite by far was the Dura Glove.

I have/had never looked at the Bodnick glove. They look to me to be pretty much a copy of the Dura Glove, and they are cheaper. Is the quality maintained?

Rick
                The big difference is thickness of the leather. I shot my first one for 5 years before I wore a small hole in the end of the middle finger at the tip. The cordura is intact and really the hole doesn't affect the ability to shoot the glove. I just decided to get another one. In between I bought a Duraglove and honestly it is a softer glove and I really like it. However I'm a big sissy and on my 50lb and over bows the Speed glove provides better protection. The buffalo leather is tougher.

Comment

I have used many gloves over the years but have been using the Dura-Glove from 3 Rivers almost exclusively for the last decade or so...with the less expensive Bearpaw version sold by Lancaster as a backup to carry in the field this past year as it's not bad especially for a third of the cost of the Dura-Glove. The cordura tips are slick and give a smooth release wet or dry which is a huge bonus hunting. The Bearpaw's Cordura is thicker and provides more protection if using really heavy draw bows but when thoroughly broken in they do just fine even with light bows. I shoot a 55 lb Bear Super Kodiak and both work great for my purposes. If the Dura-Glove keeps getting more expensive I will just completely switch over to the Bearpaw version. I may anyway as I don't feel the Dura-Glove's pricing is justifiable in comparison to everything else on the market right now. My 2 cents...
                  Last edited by Idaho TradBow; 11-07-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Loving my E.W. Bateman cordovan glove.
                    Takes a little time to break in but it very worth.
                    Cordovan provides the slickest release and plenty of protection.
                    I've tried most all the gloves others have mentioned. They won't last near as long at the Bateman.

I have the one on the far right.

Comment

I've been using the Bearpaw for close to ten years now. I'm on my third one. They also make a summer glove for less money. I bought one of those and it was too thin for me so I gave it away. The cordura finger stalls have about the right amount of padding and the glove seems to stay put without much slippage. My only complaint is that the seams inside of the fingers can irritate the cuticles if the glove is allowed to take a set that is slightly twisted. I've had to turn them inside out and buff the seams to soften the hard edge of the leather. That isn't fun but once seems to do the trick.

Comment

I'll second the Bateman Cordovan Glove.

For more protection from heavy bows and still have cordovan tips try the Black Widow PDQ Super Glove.

Comment

I own 2 Bodnik speed gloves and love em. They’re comfortable and offers a lot of protection. I’m only shooting 50# but in a 56” bow, it puts a lot of strain on your fingers. other gloves I’ve owned didn’t give me near the protection like the speed glove.

Comment

I am a big fan of the Dura Glove from 3Rivers. The leather is not as thick as it used to be though.

Comment

Anyone tried an American Leathers glove?

Comment

Working...
                              X