Disrespectful Neighbors - Menard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disrespectful Neighbors - Menard

Had my sister and better half in for opening weekend and was going to be their first ever deer hunt. Took them out opening morning down to our River Blind on the San Saba River over looking the Giant native pecans only to find our neighbors intentionally Sabatoged our hunting area by putting 3 rotting dead hogs on their fence line directly across from our feeder that is about 100 yards or so away. The stench in the area was horrendous and I immediately had to make other arrangements for their first ever deer hunt. Disrespectful neighbors that do this make you question the investment you make into the deer herd and deer population. I spent thousands of dollars on protein feeders and thousands of dollars on protein feed to help our deer herd (which they will benefit from) and them doing that makes me question making that investment next year and in future years which in turn hinders them and the deer they will see down the road. I just don't get people and their logic. If you have a problem with our hunting set up, stop and talk to us instead of driving by on your side by side only to waive at us and then sabatoge us the next weekend. Be a man and a respectful neighbor!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smitgonhunting; 11-08-2021, 08:28 PM.

Is this the first time you’ve had a problem with them? Seems a bit extreme…

Comment

How far off the fence are you?

Comment

Does he think you are stealing “his deer”? Or is he anti hunter? Do you have any clue why he would want to screw you up?

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
          Is this the first time you’ve had a problem with them? Seems a bit extreme…
          I think they were putting dead carcasses along our fence line last year. But not right across from our hunting set up like what they did before opening weekend.

Comment

I shot a doe last year about 75yds from our gut pile. Other than the smell, it won’t hurt the hunting.

Comment

Hunter harassment is real.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                How far off the fence are you?
                About 100 yards or so with our blind facing into our land. We would have put it further into our property but there is a house just down from us across the river so its safer where it is at and how we have it set up with our blind facing into our land.

Comment

It’s their fenceline too. Maybe they want the carcasses as far away from them as possible. Why don’t you start dumping yours there too and move your hunting set ups?

Edit. Just read your post above this one.

Why don’t you just talk to them. Maybe you can get them to agree to dump them somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    It’s their fenceline too. Maybe they want the carcasses as far away from them as possible. Why don’t you start dumping yours there too and move your hunting set ups?
                    You are correct! They also have about a 1,000+ acres to dump them anywhere they want. And they weren't dumping them their last year directly across from our hunting set up. Could just be a coincidence but I don't think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by smitgonhunting View Post
                      About 100 yards or so with our blind facing into our land. We would have put it further into our property but there is a house just down from us across the river so its safer where it is at and how we have it set up with our blind facing into our land.

It doesn’t matter
                      The whole fence line deal is bs
                      You have the property fence to fence
                      Do they have the right to do what they do? Yes but it’s chicken **** plain and simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had a neighbor many years ago in Mexico who put up a green blind right on our fence. Literally his legs were against our wire.

I believe we put close to 15 hogs on that fence right under his stand. Within 3 days the green stand was white. we kept it heavily baited throughout the year.

Obviously yours is a different, if you were 100 yards off the fence line...

Comment

Have you talked with them lately!

Comment

Go say hi, share a beer and play super nice guy. Soak up all the vibes you get from them then go back and make a better educated decision on your neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Had a neighbor many years ago in Mexico who put up a green blind right on our fence. Literally his legs were against our wire.

I believe we put close to 15 hogs on that fence right under his stand. Within 3 days the green stand was white. we kept it heavily baited throughout the year.

Obviously yours is a different, if you were 100 yards off the fence line...
                              Years ago we had a neighbor setup like that, and our lease boss asked nicely for a change of location, when it was declined, he went to the gun range and got about 10 five gallon buckets of spent shells and opened the window and dumped the shells in , so when the door opened the guy got rained with empty brass
                              Glad I hunted a different part Of the ranch

Comment

Working...
                              X